Notices

Originally Posted by albright View Post
this is a great program, almost indispensable
Thanks!

One small thing: I think the icon does not fit into
the style of the other status bar icons. They are all
very plain, geometric designs. Quickclip's color and
"realistic" picture is jarring IMHO.
When I designed the icon, I was using Advanced Power and Advanced Backlight, and many other statusbar applets, so it just kind fit in. Right now, I just disabled all those and enabled the defaults...yeah it sticks out a little, but not bad IMO.

If you see the colors I used were white and red, and those colors are already present in the default icons. I can't help it the Nokia default icons are bland and boring, lol.

After a longer-than-expected wait, Quick Clip version 0.3.0 is available for download. New things in this version include a much improved help system (now integrated with hildon-help), and a builtin Quick Clip Viewer. Here is the full changelog:

* Switched to hildon.banner for information/warnings/errors
* Now has Open button in settings dialog for easy file navigation
* Now uses hildon-help for builtin help
* Simplified About Dialog
* Added Donations sub menuitem
* Initial release of Quick Clip Viewer (beta)
* Now packaged with dpkg-buildpackage

You can download the new version from my website here.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Very much looking forward to checking it out. Thanks!

Maybe you should start a new thread with this announcement. Since QC is not in Extras (is it?), many will not know about this new release unless their apps RSS feed shows a new thread.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
the viewer seems to indeed be beta, as i cant get it to launch...

Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
Very much looking forward to checking it out. Thanks!

Maybe you should start a new thread with this announcement. Since QC is not in Extras (is it?), many will not know about this new release unless their apps RSS feed shows a new thread.
I posted this to my blog too, which is aggregated on Planet Maemo. I hoping that'll reach enough people.

(once I make sure everything is working well with this version, I'll upload it, or the next release to Extras).

Originally Posted by tso View Post
the viewer seems to indeed be beta, as i cant get it to launch...
Try restarting your device or enabling/disabling quick clip in the control panel.

If that doesn't work, try "python /usr/bin/quickclip_viewer.py /path/to/a/clipping/file.txt" in the terminal and post what it says.

Thanks.

Last edited by BrentDC; 2009-03-26 at 18:58.

no module named mokoui...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
there may also be a issue with opening files, with spaces or similar in its name, from the menu. however it works fine from the terminal.

oh, and the rebound from scrolling the document to the top seems to send it scrolling all the way to the bottom and then rebounding from there, scrolling it part way up again. i would suggest cutting down on these special effects

Originally Posted by tso View Post
no module named mokoui...
I thought I added that to the depends...guess not. New version will be up in a bit.

The icon's more of a fuller bodied bitmap than the usual line-art but it's a cool design and also lets me place it in between two more normal transparent ones showing the rough boundaries of the three icons at a glance allowing for a quick click on any one of them. I also place the most used icon, Advanced Backlight, at the end of the row in mid-screen for quick access and in actual reality app-update is the last when it pops up.

Last edited by TheOne; 2009-03-26 at 18:45.

Tags
development, plugin, python, quick clip, statusbar