I've tried to add my MSN contact using Psi on WinXP, I've setup my account (with the right password, etc.) and have a new entry on the main Psi screen:

Agents/Transports > MSN Transport

when I open this one I get the following message: *** MSN Transport is Online

But no contacts. If I right click on the MSN Transport icon and select "Send Message To" my only option is "Blank".

Any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks, Si

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Maybe something weird happened with PSI. You can try it again with service discovery... or you can send me a PM with your username/password and I'll add it to your account manually.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I gotta demur a bit. The ratio has been 90% zerojay 10% texrat. I complained about the difficulty in getting MSN/AIM/etc over jabber and next thing I knew Jay was fired up and roaring. So when he says "Texrat and I" keep in mind he's doing the lion's share of the work.

Also kudos to r2d2rogers, tabrez and pixelseventy2 for contributions so far.

Anyway, nice tutorials jay!
So, to both of you and anyone else who had a hand in this: BRAVO! Many thanks! This is the kind of functionality I have been hoping for in the tablet!

Now, would you be so kind as to explain how to get the SIP phone working so I can maybe use the video phone?

Maybe something weird happened with PSI. You can try it again with service discovery... or you can send me a PM with your username/password and I'll add it to your account manually.
Thanks for the offer, but I've got it working now

I've setup my account (with the right password, etc.)
Hmm, helps to use the right username too

Simon

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Install RTCOMM or the OS2008 beta.

Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Thanks for the offer, but I've got it working now

Hmm, helps to use the right username too

Simon
Whew, you had me worried.

Originally Posted by Greyghost View Post
So, to both of you and anyone else who had a hand in this: BRAVO! Many thanks! This is the kind of functionality I have been hoping for in the tablet!

Now, would you be so kind as to explain how to get the SIP phone working so I can maybe use the video phone?
There's also a SIP phone plugin for the Jabber server we're using as well as an Asterisk plugin. Both of which are disabled for the moment because I don't know anything about it and I'm not ready to offer it yet.

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
There's also a SIP phone plugin for the Jabber server we're using as well as an Asterisk plugin. Both of which are disabled for the moment because I don't know anything about it and I'm not ready to offer it yet.
Did you move to tektonic then? Sorry, been away from things recently, family issue

Originally Posted by pixelseventy2 View Post
Did you move to tektonic then? Sorry, been away from things recently, family issue
The Jabber server is running on Tektonic, but just trying to add some web stuff was causing some instability. Probably need the next step up.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Install RTCOMM or the OS2008 beta.
Thanks Zero, I'll study the RTCOMM site later when I'm not at work Fyi, I do have the 08 beta installed (I think that's why I have the sip option in contact setup, yes?), and with the gizmo install discovered (I think) a SIP number has been assigned for my account, but I just can't figure out how to take the next step. Something about GrandCentral? I 'applied' for an account/number but haven't heard from them yet (it's only been a coupla hours tho).

Last (dumb) jablet question: How do I enter the account name in the contact setup? I have a field with the jablet server name, but I am not sure what exactly to type in here...just an aim username doesn't seem to work...unless I have the account configured incorrectly?