Notices

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens
Pan appears to be not good enough. (yet, hopefully)
How can you still insist on this without even having tried it out ?
All you have is the feedback of one user who says it doesn't work (in so many words), and of another (me) who took the time to try it, write it down, and post screenshots of it working (at your request, and with not much in the way of thanks, BTW). This is beyond me.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by fpp
How can you still insist on this without even having tried it out ?
All you have is the feedback of one user who says it doesn't work (in so many words), and of another (me) who took the time to try it, write it down, and post screenshots of it working (at your request, and with not much in the way of thanks, BTW). This is beyond me.
"I've snipped your very helpful review" (07-14-2006, 05:11 PM #22). But, in case I wasn't clear enough: Thank you very much for your review.

Better now?

And there are things lacking in Pan: no PDA newsreader should default to downloading the newsgroups list; it probably can do with memory trimming as well. It's current state is not bad as a starting point, but there's a lot of work to be done. And I can't try Pan, because I don't have 2006 ITOS installed yet (which I cannot do because I really need Abiword and Gnumeric).

And, again: I'm no programmer, so at the moment there's not much more I can do besides whine. I'd really like someone to tell me how I can help to get Pan 770-ready.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
@ fpp:

Whoops! I forgot: the Zaurus port of TextMaker 2002 is still available (no beta, fully commercial), but SoftMaker never ported PlanMaker to the Zaurus platform (my bad).

My wishes:
1. Alarm! (3 alarms with day of week selection and repetition)
2. Video Player (idependent from resolution)
(may be it is possible to add blank lines for dividing by 16 before DSP like it done in DivXG400-Matrox utility for Windows)
3. Gnumeric (with macros support)
4. Skype

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Turn it sideways and split the screen, touchpad would even work, that would be awesome.

OK OK, Back to reality, I would really like to see some game emulators, Nintendo, super nintendo,sega genesis, Mame

1) Flash 8 or better. Nokia's OWN phone websites are in Flash 7, which prevents 770 owners from shopping at Nokia from their 770's... how stupid is that? If their Tablet only supports 6, all of their own sites should stay 6!

2) A good image viewer with slideshow capabilities and your basic crop, scale, rotate, and batch rename options. Like Irfanview.

3) A real Multimedia player, like Irfanview, that has built-in codec support to recognize Realplayer, Divx, Quicktime, and Microsoft's .WMV format since 50% of the internet seems to use that format and the 770 can't view it, doh!

4) WinRar.... or I suppose it would have to be renamed for Linux to LinRar, heh...

5) a good Zip extractor.

6) A Midi player... someone was working on one for OS2005, but I'm not sure where it went. I have 100’s of 30k songs that take up no room but can play for hours that are perfect for small-memory devices.

7) Bubble Bobble the game. Was scheduled for 770, but died.

8) A YouTube.com standalone player that works with that site on the 770.

Instead of putting request here, you should be putting them at http://www.maemo.org/maemowiki/Appli...og2006Wishlist. What would be nice through if there was someway to proritize the wish list based on request.

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Toronto, Canada
-BT headset support
-support for large images, say 1MB.

I think we can both put requests on the wishlist and discuss them here.
I was personally just curious about what people had used that didn't work anymore, but it's turned into a much more interesting thread.
Either way it's always enlightening to hear what people want to be able to do with the 770 since it has so much potential. And there's always a slim chance that it can already do some of those things and I just haven't heard about it.

Karl Jansens: It sounds like you've actually gotten abiword to work for you under the 2005 SE; where did you get it? I could never get the one at maemo.org to work.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
What I'd like to see...

StartCar.app ...while I'm still in bed
WashClothes.app
OrderFromMcDonalds.app

...just to name a few

Omega
omegaone37@mac.com