Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by ARJWright View Post
I like the idea of this app, but as a fan and long time user of Sports Tracker, I wonder what makes this different.
The differences are listed in the first post:

- Lock screen (with run info and swipe-to-unlock)
- Interactive offline replay
- Torch icon (for night runs)
- GPX file format (export filtered and/or raw data)
- Kalman filter
- Remove irrelevant moves (small moves below the accuracy level)
- Removal of unlikely positions
-The live map requires an internet connection but if you don't want to connect, it will not bother you the whole time

In fact, these differences seem like an exact Buglist of Sportstracker

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
The differences are listed in the first post:

- Lock screen (with run info and swipe-to-unlock)
- Interactive offline replay
- Torch icon (for night runs)
- GPX file format (export filtered and/or raw data)
- Kalman filter
- Remove irrelevant moves (small moves below the accuracy level)
- Removal of unlikely positions
-The live map requires an internet connection but if you don't want to connect, it will not bother you the whole time

In fact, these differences seem like an exact Buglist of Sportstracker
Doh...
Seeing that off not yet put ST on my N9, I didn't see those as unique but more or less points. Thanks for the poke back.

The Following User Says Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
I encountered "download error" in the store... any idea where the problem is?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yautak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yautak View Post
I encountered "download error" in the store... any idea where the problem is?
Yes, some people have problems to download the app, it seems that Nokia has some server problems... My guess is that they are not able to synchronize new apps on all servers, I already contacted support and it will hopefully work very soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 121 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
lol~ looks like meetrainer has a new competitor

btw is there a pedometer, and bluetooth hrm support?

Last edited by Jeffrey04; 2013-03-23 at 11:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeffrey04 For This Useful Post:
I'm also experiencing download problems, but this app looks very promising! I'm a frequent user of Sportstracker and the N9-version of it is not developed anymore and lacks a lot of features and have a few irritating issues/bugs.

I would love to see features like "Beat yourself", "Time Goal", "Interval Training" and "Audio Coach"....these are Endomondo features described here (http://www.endomondo.com/features).
These are very useful and inspiring features when running.

Have you tried uploading the GPX-file to the Sportstracker website to check how well it fits into their system? I'm asking because if I use MeeRun I would still want to upload my workouts there because of all the friends I have there.

Keep up the good work!

The Following User Says Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
@latency: GPX export and then import from the sports tracker website works without problem, you can also use it to compare the filtered and unfiltered files

Regarding interval training, I usually prefer to use the manual laps, it is much more flexible. For the next version, we will focus on offline maps, altitude (in a reliable way...), training import, filter configuration and offline filter. Pulse may come later. The other features, while nice to have, have a lower priority. MeeRun tries to focus on accuracy, stability and usability. Marketing usually focus on number of features, though

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bwalter For This Useful Post:
I understand that your focus is to get the app as stable, accurate and easy to use as possible first of course. After that is done I would love to see some of the features I mentioned. I see a lot of people leaving Sportstracker because the lack of pace keeping features and such.

I agree, marketing tends to use features to promote but if two products were equal and one of them one had an extra feature that's useful, most people would go for that one

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying MeeRun once the servers are working again and the next version sounds even more impressing. Offline maps and reliable altitudes is not easy to do as far as I understand.

Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
I'm eager to try this app. Since yesterday, I'm also experiencing download problems.

The features I'm looking for are : efficient filtering capabilities (N9 GPS is not very sensitive), minimal ressource usage, offline map and GPX export.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Just curious as I haven't installed the app yet, for those with download problems have you tried checking /var/cache/apt/archives/partial to see if the .deb is in there? If so, clicking it or using dpkg -i on it would allow it to be installed

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: