Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
To the OP: best of luck. I still think a portrait keyboard for the whole system would be better than separate SMS apps, but that is also harder to aim for.

Also, please keep in mind that T9 is probably (very) heavily patented, both in name and method, so you may have trouble.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Bavaria, Germany
Originally Posted by realsportcars View Post
@MohammadAG,gri: I know it but as said before im using Qt Mobility API that few days ago doesn't exists (or so i know) and i have to say that using this API gave a lot of help
QtMobility doesn't matter for the biggest code parts.

You can use it for putting messages into sent messages or even sending ones. All other code should be pure Qt I didn't want to prevent you from developing, it was just a hint. We can all learn from other people's code

Posts: 401 | Thanked: 724 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Italy
Yes name can be patented, but the real algorithm is secret and obviously i don't know how it really works.
My work is try to create a similar system,not copy the same algorithm
I hope this doesn't get me in a trouble but if someone think in a different way please tell me

@w00t: my final goal, if possible, is get this app as standard keyboard when you have device in portrait, but atm i really don't know how do it

The Following User Says Thank You to realsportcars For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Yes name can be patented, but the real algorithm is secret and obviously i don't know how it really works.
I hope this doesn't get me in a trouble but if someone think in a different way please tell me
I suggest you use the standard Nokia patent for the T9 keyboard, the layout is the main issue though, but since it is a Nokia device then wouldn't it be nice to use the standard Nokia layout?

Also would be a treat if you can add Portrait mode on screen keyboard as a switch of a button. The idea is taken from the SONY Ericsson Satio. This will suit everyone in using portrait mode SMS.

Even better if you add Auto-rotation to your QT app , This will make your app a killer in the repo.. I'll happily donate if that happen

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
From a quick search, here's at least one patent you should be aware of:

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/71...scription.html

Great realsportcars

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
From a quick search, here's at least one patent you should be aware of:

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/71...scription.html
Very longs document but im sure it contains the information i need....i will read it soon

could you make a keyboard layout like the bb pearl ???

Originally Posted by leviathan18 View Post
could you make a keyboard layout like the bb pearl ???
do you mean physical one?
No in first release but in future I think it can be possible

Last edited by realsportcars; 2010-06-01 at 01:07.