Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by ciroip View Post
Damn, I uploaded the wrong one... anyway Im still looking for help.
I would love to leave the boring parts (coding packaging...)to someone else who want complete the thing. I promise fame and celebrities.
I've packaged it up, just need to make a few fixes and I'll put out a package tomorrow.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Italy
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Making the following change allows me to run this app in Kubuntu 8.10 and on my n800. Otherwise it changes the screen resolution of my KDE nvidia graphics desktop. Painful.
Code:
try:
  window = pygame.display.set_mode((0,0))
except:
  window = pygame.display.set_mode((800, 480))
Cool stuff. Thanks.
mh, yes, I realized it could have some potential on desktops.
Im sorry you have to touch a so shitty code

I am usually more ashamed to show my sh**ty experiment but im confident that xmas make you nicer...

The Following User Says Thank You to ciroip For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
I've packaged it up, just need to make a few fixes and I'll put out a package tomorrow.
Mh great! People at maemo.org just approved the project: should I add u to the developers?
I have no idea how things works...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ciroip For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Mh great! People at maemo.org just approved the project: should I add u to the developers?
I have no idea how things works...
If you wish!

But I must warn, i'm bad at python too (i'd say as bad as you say you are but you made this program ) but I know bits and I can package

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
mh, yes, I realized it could have some potential on desktops.
Im sorry you have to touch a so shitty code

I am usually more ashamed to show my sh**ty experiment but im confident that xmas make you nicer...
Don't worry about such things. There's plenty of us hacking our way around here. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
If you wish!

But I must warn, i'm bad at python too (i'd say as bad as you say you are but you made this program ) but I know bits and I can package
Glad to. Is qwert david you?
I just want make the NIT usefull during the nightly charging time so I was thinking to add something like alarm manage, small weather icons, rss scroll, background slideshows or whatever does not need any interaction and justify an always on display.
More people, more ideas, feel free to add any release u want, Im a pretty caotic guy so dont worry to touch my stuff. I dont think things could ever became worste .
In case the project will became mature enough we will decide what promote to maemo.org

The Following User Says Thank You to ciroip For This Useful Post:
Glad to. Is qwert david you?
I just want make the NIT usefull during the nightly charging time so I was thinking to add something like alarm manage, small weather icons, rss scroll, background slideshows or whatever does not need any interaction and justify an always on display.
More people, more ideas, feel free to add any release u want, Im a pretty caotic guy so dont worry to touch my stuff. I dont think things could ever became worste .
In case the project will became mature enough we will decide what promote to maemo.org
Hehe, no, I'm Faheem Pervez with the username of qwerty12 on both garage and maemo.org.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Very nice, much preferred over the analog clocks because these are not very clear to read...

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Hmm, I'm having trouble getting flipclock to use the new paths. Anyone know what the correct way to do:
str("/usr/share/flipclock/")+(orario[3])+".png"
is in python?

Atm, I'm getting:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/flipclock.py", line 91, in <module>
cfr1,cfr2,cfr3,cfr4=singole()
File "/usr/bin/flipclock.py", line 48, in singole
cfr2=str("/usr/share/flipclock/")+(orario[3])+".png"
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'int' objects
(Tried
str"/usr/share/flipclock/"+(orario[3])+".png"
but then it says it is invalid syntax)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-12-15 at 08:11.

orario[3] is an integer. Try and make it a string with:

str(orario[3])

Then you would have:

cfr2=str("/usr/share/flipclock/")+str(orario[3])+".png"

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock, flip clock