Active Topics

I start at 20 and then do increments down from that in even numbers down to 4.

Hi,

HELLLP!!!

I have an N810 with the latest version OS2008.

1 - My maemomapper don't download repository in "Manage Repository". Before working, but not now.

After 5 minutes the message appears: "An error occured while retrieving the repository. The web service may be temporarily down."

2 - When seeking (searching) an address on "GO TO ADDRESS", a message appears (3 minutes after): "Failed to connect to server GPX Directions"

Someone help me?

How do I solve?

Thanks

I've been learning how to use Maemo Mapper with google sattelite, and it was working pretty well until I tried to download some maps! I didn't download a lot (about 400mb worth). I had also selected my memory card as the location to store maps.

Well, the download failed (fine), but the bigger problem is that I can't view any maps in google satellite anymore. The other repositories seem to work (google map, yahoo satellite etc...). But google satellight just says "address located" then spends forever downloading. Then, just says Failed to load (however many maps).

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now - and restarted etc, no luck. The memory card isn't even close to full.

Any ideas? should I uninstall/reinstall Maemo mapper???

So... I uninstalled and re-installed Maemo mapper, same problem - no changes. It says processing maps for a long time, then just fails. Has a completely black screen.

Sooo frustrated!! I've even tried viewing different areas, both by location and coordinates... no luck.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by linzter View Post
So... I uninstalled and re-installed Maemo mapper, same problem - no changes. It says processing maps for a long time, then just fails. Has a completely black screen.

Sooo frustrated!! I've even tried viewing different areas, both by location and coordinates... no luck.
My guess is that the database file is corrupted. To test this you can try to create new database file. If that solves the problem then database corruption theory is pretty much proven. I'm not aware of any tool that you can use to fix the database... unfortunately.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
when it comes to mmapper and downloading maps, there is one wish i have. a one button download. that way i could loccate a general area, zoom in so that the existing map gets pixelated, hit the download button and get a more accurate map.

autodownload generates to much traffic on a pay by amount connection, and having to go into a dialog each time is a hassle...

Originally Posted by Mara View Post
My guess is that the database file is corrupted. To test this you can try to create new database file. If that solves the problem then database corruption theory is pretty much proven. I'm not aware of any tool that you can use to fix the database... unfortunately.

That's a great idea, thanks! not worried about repairing the database, its not a like I already have a lot in it.

And the problem was.... just my wireless connection.

Not sure why it worked with the other map repositories, but as soon as I switched to my neighbours wireless connection it worked perfectly. Don't know why, I have a fast internet connection!

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by linzter View Post
And the problem was.... just my wireless connection.

Not sure why it worked with the other map repositories, but as soon as I switched to my neighbours wireless connection it worked perfectly. Don't know why, I have a fast internet connection!
Maybe not your wireless connection, but maybe Google did ban your IP address since you were downloading a lot of stuff... certainly more than typical PC user would have done. Maybe you can try to refresh your router IP address (reset your wireless router, but many times it gets the same IP address, unless you let it rest little while, like overnight) and see if the problem goes away?

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
Maybe not your wireless connection, but maybe Google did ban your IP address since you were downloading a lot of stuff... certainly more than typical PC user would have done. Maybe you can try to refresh your router IP address (reset your wireless router, but many times it gets the same IP address, unless you let it rest little while, like overnight) and see if the problem goes away?
That's another interesting idea... does that happen often, or has anybody else experienced this? I was able to reconnect, view a few maps (and download about 50mb worth of data). And now, once again I can't view any new maps - same thing, just fails downloading maps.

I'm sure the answer to this is no... but is there anyway to create the database on your PC then transfer it to the Nokia n800 for maemo mapper to use?

Tags
google maps, gps, maemo mapper, offline