Active Topics

Notices

Hey guys,

So did we figure out any solution to this. I am having the same problem (on CSSU) after installing BlessN900. The problem is persisting ever after uninstalling it and rebooting. Thanks!

I just got this problem too. What driver did you have to remove to make it work again?

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Hi guys! I had the same problem before and the reason behind that was I installed kernel power 46 (you'll also have the same problem on kp47) on an N900 with an incompatible version of Fcamera/BlessN900.
What you should do is uninstall Fcam or BlessN900 and then reinstall it, it should download the latest Fcam driver which is compatible with kp46/47.
Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
I uninstalled both BlessN900 and FCamera, then reinstalled only FCamera. It still doesn't work.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Weird... that did the trick for me. Maybe you got some other problem...
Anyway, this post by demolition helped me much. You can check it out for yourself.

Last edited by vetsin; 2011-07-10 at 17:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Try on terminal (with rootsh):
sudo gainroot;
apt-get purge fcam-drivers; apt-get install fcam-drivers -y

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Temporal For This Useful Post:
@zerocool2k
It's not just the camera - it's the drivers too. As vetsin said, I jotted a few notes on the matter http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=246

In short, if you're using KP v0.46+ use FCamera drivers 0.1.7-2. v0.1.7-1 will prevent the camera working at all with Power Kernel v0.46+. Removing FCamera drivers, once installed causes conflict too so just install v0.1.7-2 and all should be good.

Last edited by demolition; 2011-07-10 at 17:41.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Thanks guys. Updating the fcam drivers did the trick. I guess it didn't automatically update the driver because I have some other apps that have it as dependency.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Neumünster, Germany
sudo gainroot;
apt-get purge fcam-drivers; apt-get install fcam-drivers -y
Tried out, worked instantly.

Remember:
apt uninstalls all depending applications (in my case lowlight) when you remove the drivers. Watch the output of apt while deinstallation and don't forget to re-install them as well.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
did u try changing your overclock profile.. this also happens when u edit wrong dsp values..