Posts: 38 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Colorado
My two cents: I think everybody here is right. First, it's a way to figure out if they've solved the emulation issues. Success. Second, it's a way to find out if anybody is interested in the product. Success there, too, although I don't know how much of one. Third, the date is a way to make people come back and buy something they got for free, and got used to.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
I doubt they will make money of selling the VM.
if they want to go that route. i'll just have to port pose to chinook.

Originally Posted by unique311 View Post
I doubt they will make money of selling the VM.
if they want to go that route. i'll just have to port pose to chinook.
sorry, don't know what pose is?

Neil

Hi,

I've mentioned on other threads re my inability to see my contacts and schedule info even after a successful sync. I am using Palm desktop Ver. 6. I'd like to try Ver. 5 to see if that works, do you know where I can download it?

Originally Posted by sungrove View Post
sorry, don't know what pose is?

Neil
POSE = Palm OS Emulator. It's software which completely emulates a PalmOS environment (you'll need a ROM image though), for PalmOS 4.x and lower (these days PalmOS is at 5.x, but as most applications are still 4.x compatible the emulator works for a lot of stuff).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/POSE_(Palm_OS_Emulator)

Originally Posted by shtevie View Post
Hi,

I've mentioned on other threads re my inability to see my contacts and schedule info even after a successful sync. I am using Palm desktop Ver. 6. I'd like to try Ver. 5 to see if that works, do you know where I can download it?
Have you tried v 4.1.4 ? That works for me. I think it was just palms site I got the free copy from.

ta-t3, thanks for the explanation on pose. I'm not one who would be able to compile that. How feasable do you think it would be? Meanwhile, I'll go read the wiki.

Neil

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
ArnimS has a build of POSE on his website:

http://pupnik.de/pose.html

I don't know if it is compatible with the most recent version of the ITOS however...

I couldn't get pose to work properly on my N800, unfortunately (I used ArnimS' build, I think it was mainly tested on the 770 at the time). I posted a bit about that back in the original pose thread. But it's definitely an interesting project, and still relevant, as the vast majority of PalmOS applications are still 4.x compatible.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
I stopped working on POSE because garnetvm came out.
arnims has lots of other projects he's currently working on.
but like I said, if they do go the paid route with garnetvm, I will definitely begin working on POSE again.

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/pose

I installed POSE on my n800, OS2008. As far as the application manager is concerned, it's fine. I think I have an OS 3.5 ROM image at home, and if not, I have a HandSpring Visor Platinum, and should be able to get a ROM image from it. The Visor is a 68K dragonball, 33 MHz.

POSE comes up on my n800, but it wants me to right click to bring up the menu. Doing a press and hold with the stylus doesn't do it. I have an Igo BT keyboard. it comes with zero documentation. Any way to leverage it for this? The (windows) menu key, for example, doesn't seem to do it.

Does this work on any OS? I'd hate to reflash just for POSE, but might.

I have root, and am a Unix wizard. Any way to trick it?

I have skins, but haven't put them in the right place yet. Apparently, they need to be named 'skins', but where will take some research.

Tags
garnet, palm