Active Topics

Kingston has 2GB MMC mobile cards. Anyone brave enough to order and test these? They don't ship outside USA and I coudn't find reseller with 2GB cards from this part of the world. Even Kingston shop didn't link directly to 2GB card, I had to edit the url to find it.
http://www.ec.kingston.com/shop/part...artno=MMCM/2GB

Edit: Ok, they have direct link to it, i just didn't find it before.

Last edited by Invicta; 2006-06-15 at 11:30.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Texas
I have a PQI 2GB Hi-Speed 60X SD Card, Ultra Performance Secure Digital Memory Card, Model AE30-2030-0101. I access it with no problem by putting it in a mini card reader and setting the 770 to host mode.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Originally Posted by Invicta
Kingston has 2GB MMC mobile cards. Anyone brave enough to order and test these?
Wow, sounds great! I couldn't resist replacing my 512MB card, despite the option of using host mode and an adapter

I'll let you know if it works in 2 business days.

Brad.

I looked at the memory card on kingston website. Maybe it's not a kingston memory card because where it says manufacture it says N/A.

Also, I have a feeling it's not compatible, because when you go to the memory selector, and choose nokia 770 internet tabletet it does not list the 2gb card.

Memory Configuration New Search Manufacturer Model Part Number Type

Nokia 770 Internet Tablet Print this page

Kingston # Description Price Promo
Price Availability
(click for details) Add to
Basket
MMCM/256 256MB MMCmobile Dual Voltage 1.8V/3.3V Memory Card $15.00 N/A In Stock

MMCM/512 512MB MMCmobile Dual Voltage 1.8V/3.3V Memory Card $22.00 N/A In Stock

MMCM/1GB 1GB MMCmobile Dual Voltage 1.8V/3.3V Memory Card $37.00 N/A In Stock

So bradb, did you get the 2 gig card...did it work? I'm planning to get one if it does.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Originally Posted by NokNok770
So bradb, did you get the 2 gig card...did it work? I'm planning to get one if it does.
Ok, so it came today and much to my surprise, it is indeed a genuine Kingston part. And that appears to be the end of the good news - I can't get it recognized on the 770.

I've tried mucking with the disk geometry in case that helped, but so far, no go.

Bummer eh?

Brad.

Last edited by bradb; 2006-06-20 at 20:11. Reason: Got the goodies!

Originally Posted by bradb
Ok, so it came today and much to my surprise, it is indeed a genuine Kingston part. And that appears to be the end of the good news - I can't get it recognized on the 770.

I've tried mucking with the disk geometry in case that helped, but so far, no go.

Bummer eh?

Brad.
What version of the OS are you using? Maybe Nokia fixed this issue in the 2006 beta.

I really want to get a 770, but I need to be able to copy all of my music onto a RSMMC card. It's a little under 1.7 gbs and I really need a 2gb card to get this working. Hopefully it is a software issue.

Have you tried formatting it to say 1.5gb?

SJ30-Tungsten E- Zodiac 2-?

Does the location column count?

Originally Posted by frenchie
What version of the OS are you using? Maybe Nokia fixed this issue in the 2006 beta.

I really want to get a 770, but I need to be able to copy all of my music onto a RSMMC card. It's a little under 1.7 gbs and I really need a 2gb card to get this working. Hopefully it is a software issue.

Have Have you tried formatting it to say 1.5gb?
Sorry but I'm using 2006 (Isn't everybody?)

And I'm not going to give up easily... There is more still to try (but I did try a 128MB FAT partition and still no go)

Brad.

I just saw this on nokia.com/770. Well it probably is true...you can only have 1 gig. I wonder if there was 2 partition of 1 gig will it recognize.

Memory

* Memory: Flash 128MB
* Memory card: 64MB RS-MMC (Reduced Size - MultiMediaCard)
* Option for extended virtual memory (RS-MMC up to 1 GB)

Originally Posted by NokNok770
I just saw this on nokia.com/770. Well it probably is true...you can only have 1 gig. I wonder if there was 2 partition of 1 gig will it recognize.
Yeah, I knew that Nokia only mentions support for 1GB MMC cards, but I was hoping it was only because 2GB cards haven't been on the market very long.

Just so everyone is sure - I've tried it with something as simple as a 128MB FAT partion at the beginning of the card; still no go. It's not the partition size that's the problem.

From the feedback I've gotten on the maemo developers list, it seems this is a kernel problem - So tonight I'm going to make sure there is a bug report about this logged, for what it's worth.

Brad.