Active Topics

Haha had I known I would've tried it. Though as it is, it's to late (sent the card off and I'm getting it back tomorrow). Though next time this happens I'll be sure to try partioning it over and over.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

on my dead 8gb sandisk card the process seemed to work (partitions look like they are written ) but i still can't boot into the card but it gives me something to work with

The Following User Says Thank You to prk60091 For This Useful Post:
gparted on a Linux PC should solve any problems, unless the card is completely dead.

As for Kingston cards, Kingston doesn't manufacture SD cards. They just buy them from Toshiba, Panasonic, or SanDisk and put their own labels on them. It's the same for every other brand. There aren't that many SD factories in the world.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sgosnell For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
gparted on a Linux PC should solve any problems, unless the card is completely dead.

Quite correct. That is exactly what I am trying to say in this thread.

However, if you do not have leenuz box, repeat cloning may resurrect your card.

delux: Give more info, please. What OS/system you are running. I think you are on N810, right and I think you have the perfect SD that I would like to try, follow thread #1 and see whether that would take care of you. Repeat cloning would NOT damage anything about your N810, except it will replace your bootmenu with the one came with the script. And..........what do you want to say about the prog WorldTV99?

bun

Originally Posted by eliagp View Post
ever tried the Panasonic formatter utility? it has done wonders for me, screwed up card that would show only a small percentage of its capacity, or nothing at all. there are about 2 variables to play with and in a couple of tries everything works again. I had a Nokia Micro Sd that i wanted to put in a camera, but the camera wouldn't read it, not even formatting it. So after much Googleing around i found that little app.
Just my 2 cents if it works for anyone.
http://www.sdcard.org/about/downloads/
it did not work with my dead sandisk 8gb card-on my wife's windows xp laptop

nor did all of my disk recovery tools on my macbook running tiger

i do not have a leenux box nor a linux partition on parallels on my mb so i will try and try and try again...

so far after 5 attempts still does not get a boot partition......

Last edited by prk60091; 2008-08-20 at 19:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to prk60091 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by prk60091 View Post
...so far after 5 attempts still does not get a boot partition......
xterm
cat /proc/partitions

what does it say?

bun

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Hillsboro, Nh.
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Quite correct. That is exactly what I am trying to say in this thread.

delux: Give more info, please. What OS/system you are running. I think you are on N810, right and I think you have the perfect SD that I would like to try, follow thread #1 and see whether that would take care of you. Repeat cloning would NOT damage anything about your N810, except it will replace your bootmenu with the one came with the script. And..........what do you want to say about the prog WorldTV99?

bun
I have a n810 with a completely up to date flash of Diablo. The dead card is a Patriot mini-SD of 8GB. The n810 has been connected to a desktop PC running XP pro, also to a laptop running vista home premium. Though the card died, the n810 still connects to the laptop and the desktop PC just fine.
The card seems completely dead.......but, this PM I tried reformatting it in the desktop PC via a USB flash card reader, and a HP flash disk reformatting utility. I managed to get the card recognized as "Drive F" after this, but properties shows it to have a size of "0 bytes". Further, when I try dragging a file onto it, I get prompted to format it, but it won't format, so nothing can get written to it.
I have no Linux PC, nor access to one.
Any further suggestions???
Thanks.............btw, WorldTV99 rocks !!!
An iPod Touch 4th gen rides in my pocket too.

Originally Posted by deluxe View Post
I have a n810 with a completely up to date flash of Diablo. The dead card is a Patriot mini-SD of 8GB. The n810 has been connected to a desktop PC running XP pro, also to a laptop running vista home premium. Though the card died, the n810 still connects to the laptop and the desktop PC just fine.
The card seems completely dead.......but, this PM I tried reformatting it in the desktop PC via a USB flash card reader, and a HP flash disk reformatting utility. I managed to get the card recognized as "Drive F" after this, but properties shows it to have a size of "0 bytes". Further, when I try dragging a file onto it, I get prompted to format it, but it won't format, so nothing can get written to it.
I have no Linux PC, nor access to one.
Any further suggestions???
Thanks.............btw, WorldTV99 rocks !!!

You are a good buddy! with that kind of comment of WorldTV99....Wow!

Well. You DO NOT NEED a leenuz box.

I got one of those card too, and yes, it is a 8 G patriot miniSD. And it also crapped on me:

1) it is garantee for 1 yr from newegg. So you can always bump it back to newegg and get a replacement as a last resort.
2) stick it back to the N810, and do either clone/partition several times, till it work. Step by step guide is here, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=22155. It replaced your bootment, so do backup your bootmenu. If you do not want to do cloning, try repeat partition, that should do it. Not once, but 3 to 4 times under, it partitioned.

bun

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
I do not think SDHC or SD card will make any difference. I just want to test that a corrupted card can be, not guaranteed, resurrected by this way. ...................
=================================================
Sorry it took some time, but I guess my card is physically damaged because it did'nt work for me.

Thanks for the excellent explanation how to do this !

Abel.

The Following User Says Thank You to AbelMN For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Germany
Hi,
n810, diablo, 4 gb SD:
input/output error, cannot read sector 0
is it an option to zero the first 512 bytes (like it says...!)?
and how to do this?
Many thanks
mackaroni

Tags
clone, partition, sd card