Active Topics

Posts: 143 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Abuja, Nigeria
thanks guys .. even though am a linux admin .. i find that i really have to learn from scratch this device, but its all good learn = good . btw i tried configuring the email app following this guide http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...66&postcount=5 but it doesnt work.. tells me authentication error .. i am sure i got the passwd right so i dont think that is the problem ..
also how do i know what version of firmware am running so i can see if i would be needing an upgrade. thanks..

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I checked my gmail account settings, they are the same as the link to those instructions. Did you remember to go to the Google site to enable pop3? To check your OS version go to "settings" then "control panel" then double click on "about product". The latest version is 4.2008.36-5.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
...how do i know what version of firmware am running so i can see if i would be needing an upgrade. thanks..
Settings > Control Panel > About Product

the latest version of OS2008 is 4.2008.36-5

ditto Den

The Following User Says Thank You to superbondbond For This Useful Post:
popmail works with thunderbird oon my ubumtu.maybe its the proxy thingie.although i have set my proxy settings in the network profile,idont know how intergrated that is and if the mail uses it for connection.

Hi there. Ive just got my n810 today as well, I cannot seem to get msn messenger to work on my system. Can anyone tell me how I get it to download please

you might need to install pidgin to get msn working .. u might have to use the application manager settings-application manager . then go to tools application catalogue scroll down to maemo extras edit and uncheck disable . the click close .it might prompt you for an update follow it thru then . you should see pidgin among the available applications

Settings > Control Panel > About Product

the latest version of OS2008 is 4.2008.36-5

ditto Den
thanks i have been able to update to that version and so far i everything went smooth.

i setup my email and its works fine now. one of my best move this year was selling the ipod touch and buying this device. compared to the Nokia IT the ipod-touch is a Toy

i just installed the personal menu application how to i enable it. i thought i would see it once i restart the IT but i can only see an icon for editing its settings. cant seem to start it

My Blog

ok i figured out the personal menu .. i went to settings/control panel/panels and i enabled it. now my problem is finding where i can download free ebooks compatible with the FBReader Application

My Blog