Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
You should also remove /home/user/.carman

I had the same error message until I removed that directory.

Now Carman connects to my ODB-II, then disconnects in about 10 seconds.

Oh well...wait until the next beta?

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Hi Bruno

I have checked and confirmed that all the packages you have listed are installed, and are 0.7-beta1-6. in /usr/share/carman/plugins I have 2 directories - default_map_repo, and viewer

Thanks

Gary

p.s. I'm in the UK, and saw your city featured recently in a BBC documentary I have been watching - very beautiful. You guys are very lucky!

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Hi Frethop

I saw your bugreport on garage, and Eduardo's reply earlier and have tried that. Didn't work for me unfortunately.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hmm, do you have the file /var/lib/dbus/machine-id ?

If not, as root run:
dbus-uuidgen --ensure=/var/lib/dbus/machine-id and try starting carmand again.

Faheem - checked and yes I do have /var/lib/dbus/machine-id

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Manaus, Brazil
Originally Posted by frethop View Post
You should also remove /home/user/.carman

I had the same error message until I removed that directory.

Now Carman connects to my ODB-II, then disconnects in about 10 seconds.

Oh well...wait until the next beta?
Hi frethop,
Yes, that's a known problem. We face the same problem here with a OBDKey OBD-II bluetooth dongle. It's signal range is about 1 meter only, so it keeps disconnecting all the time. But still we're investigating this and we'll keep you informed of any news.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
Originally Posted by Bruno Abinader View Post
Hi frethop,
Yes, that's a known problem. We face the same problem here with a OBDKey OBD-II bluetooth dongle. It's signal range is about 1 meter only, so it keeps disconnecting all the time. But still we're investigating this and we'll keep you informed of any news.
FYI: It worked fine in version 0.6 after a Python module change. I filed a bug report and received a new Python module, which incorporated my ODB-II device. I have a Car-Pal.

FTIW.

Thanks for your work on this!

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Manaus, Brazil
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Hi Bruno

I have checked and confirmed that all the packages you have listed are installed, and are 0.7-beta1-6. in /usr/share/carman/plugins I have 2 directories - default_map_repo, and viewer

Thanks

Gary

p.s. I'm in the UK, and saw your city featured recently in a BBC documentary I have been watching - very beautiful. You guys are very lucky!
Thank you Indeed, the Amazon rainforest is an incredible place to visit. Lots of tourists worldwide come to visit our beauties, such as the Amazonas River, world's largest river, or the Anavilhanas Archipelago. Anyway, I'm glad you liked it!

Hi folks,

the plugin issue can be fixed by removing the directory /home/users/.carman. Please try the latest version beta1-6 and see if you still having any problem. For those that are experiencing connection problem, please do the following to help us identify the problem.
1) check if the same issue happens with the 0.6-3 version.
2) see if there is a carmand process running and if so, kill it
3) start carmand with the following command:
$ carmand --log-level=debug >log.txt (as user)
4) send us the log file in the bug system of the garage.

For those that are facing problems with carmand startup, please try to run the carmand in init.d and send us the error.

A somewhat drastic fix is to reflash your tablet! I tried the latest advice a couple of times, before deciding that a quick backup and reflash would ultimately be quicker, especially as it all seems to be fine for others.

Many thanks for everybodys help.

Gaz