Active Topics

Originally Posted by matteone View Post
Hi Bigbrovar.

The N900 can sincronize you conctats with your account chat or voip. The service supported in the pre-test unit ( that I have ) is :

- Ovi by Nokia
- Jabber
- Sip

So ... the answer is ... YES :-)

If you want to see the screens ... let me know.
May I see those screens? I am currently a G1 user so all contacts are synced with my google acct. How easy will it be to implement google contacts into the N900? Thanks

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Originally Posted by bigbrovar View Post
Last time i checked the Ovi deskop app doesn't run on linux which is what I use
I hear you. I use XP in VirtualBox as a compromise.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki
I am currently a G1 user so all contacts are synced with my google acct. How easy will it be to implement google contacts into the N900? Thanks
I think it should be doable via Activesync

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Orlando, USA
Originally Posted by goodfellabk718 View Post
May I see those screens? I am currently a G1 user so all contacts are synced with my google acct. How easy will it be to implement google contacts into the N900? Thanks
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34184

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Dominican Republic
@bigbrovar

Im a linux user too, but for my own good i always have a dual boot on my laptop, because sometimes we have to use windows. Windows for my is an utility. think about it, dual boot can help you with some stuff.

For now is well known that Ovi Contacts are broken.

STAY AWAY FROM OVI CONTACTS SYNC.

The service since the beginning DOES NOT supporting multiple fields under same title. For example you cannot have a contact with two or more Mobile phones assign to him. If thats the case on your phone only ONE field is syncing to Ovi Contacts while other fields are lost in air. Then if it happens to sync down you are getting your contacts back with missing information.

This issue reported multiple times to Nokia and the Ovi Team and yet they did nothing to fix it, neither ever gave a respond.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by nMIK-3 View Post

The service since the beginning DOES NOT supporting multiple fields under same title. For example you cannot have a contact with two or more Mobile phones assign to him. If thats the case on your phone only ONE field is syncing to Ovi Contacts while other fields are lost in air. Then if it happens to sync down you are getting your contacts back with missing information.

This issue reported multiple times to Nokia and the Ovi Team and yet they did nothing to fix it, neither ever gave a respond.
Funny that - I have almost all of my contacts that have multiple phone and email address and that all works fine with the OVI Sync. If click the tab for Work and personal you'll find other boxes to enter things into. This is inline with the SyncML standards.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by nMIK-3 View Post

[...]

*LOL*

Well, they do respond in a way: They made OVI Contacts more user friendly by adding the "server doesn't respond" error message feature when you try to sync your contacts (from an S60 phone) to Ovi. This way, they prevent that any data could ever find its way into Ovi.... so you don't face any of the troubles you mention.

To be serious, though:

Not responding, not fixing is Nokia's standard procedure with Ovi. You get a response to you first mail, and no matter what your mail was, this response is always
Take the battery out for at least one minute, deep-reset the device and flash with the latest firmware.
After that, you never hear from them again. All your mails remain unanswered.

I think this first answer is only an auto-reply sent with a certain delay so it looks like somebody read your mail.

Agree, I question OVI calendar sync issue and got one response after 5 days then nothing further.

i shan't be relying on it myself

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Cambridge/London
Ovi did update on my n900, and download my contacts, but I haven't tried since flashing the phone to the release firmware.