Active Topics

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
IMEI tampering is illegal in some countries so i don't think this is the place to be discussing this kind of thing

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
The IMEI (or MEID) is indeed flashed into the device at time of firmware burn-in. I have heard of utilities to spoof IMEI numbers but I strongly recommend against using them.
Hi!

You are really fast! Thanks man!

Ok, I'm from Bosnia And Herzegovina and here anyone does not take care about that.
Now, can You point me in correct direction how to change (or spoof) IMEI (IMEID).
I would like to know how to do that.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Sorry, but NvyUs is correct: this forum isn't the place to provide such information (however discussing the subject objectively in general is okay)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by masterx View Post
Hi!

You are really fast! Thanks man!

Ok, I'm from Bosnia And Herzegovina and here anyone does not take care about that.
Now, can You point me in correct direction how to change (or spoof) IMEI (IMEID).
I would like to know how to do that.
before anyone tells you how why dont you tell us why you need to change your imei number

either you have a blocked/barred phone or you wish to commit illegal activities from a cloned imei number

i dont think anyone should help with this to be honest its blantantly illegal why would you want to change the imei number of a handset???

The Following User Says Thank You to buxz777 For This Useful Post:
I have seen IMEI, written backwards, in the mtd1 (config) partition. It is probably protected by a digital signature.

Hi,

what i think is that its not so easy to spoof the imei.

So my theroy is that the imei will be send by the gsm modem firmware and not the phoneapp.

i don't know about the n900 but i know from my openmoko freerunner that the gsm firmware is closed source. so
if its the same on the n900 and the gsm firmware sends the imei

its only possible to spoof the imei by altering the gsm firmware.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
All Nokia devices have the IMEI physically burned into the hardware. It is impossible to change it.

(It might be possible with the devices of other manufacturers, though.)

Well, reason is that when You buy a phone in Bosnia, You can not be sure that phone is not from other network, that is not stolen from the truck etc. and soled to You. (in this case me). It gets to the shop like all other phones, who knows from where.

For Bosnia, it's a critical mission . I'm not sure from where is my phone and is it legally imported in country.

I can be sure only if I buy phone at local operator. It is not a case, this time. So, will someone help me?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
phones stolen in UK are usually sold off-shore b/c they get IMEI barred from all UK networks
if IMEI numbers could easily be changed they would do it instead of exporting them to countries where devices are cheaper, what do not IMEI ban devices.
IMEI banning seems to spreading world wide now with even India banning all chinese fake phones with spoof IMEI's off there networks.
So in short i think people are wasting there time with this subject b/c even criminals can not be bothered with it.

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-04-06 at 15:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by masterx View Post
Well, reason is that when You buy a phone in Bosnia, You can not be sure that phone is not from other network, that is not stolen from the truck etc. and soled to You. (in this case me). It gets to the shop like all other phones, who knows from where.

For Bosnia, it's a critical mission . I'm not sure from where is my phone and is it legally imported in country.

I can be sure only if I buy phone at local operator. It is not a case, this time. So, will someone help me?
To fake imei because you might like to buy stolen goods?

The Following User Says Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post: