Active Topics

Im not sure DrWilken

I checked earlier and my rootfs space is down to 227MiB free so only using just under 42MiB at the moment

I have quite a few apps installed and I did uninstall Stellarium as its now been packaged and I believe optified so im just downloading again to re-install

Actually its changing all the time (whilst im checking for updates)

I did notice earlier with dosbox (running Win95) running Bounce Evolution, Remote Desktop, and a couple of Web Browsers my rootfs was using about half the available space

Guess I read the Conky screens wrong LOL

It appears I only have 23MiB free left in rootfs best get cleaning up some stuff

Posts: 515 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oelsted, Denmark
rootfs is a compressed filesystem... That's why it can be hard to see how much space a package is using just by looking at the free space...

I installed Wireshark and didn't seems to fill up rootfs badly. Again, it's not easy to see just by looking at free space...

Had a look with dpkg -L wireshark and it is optified but I don't know about the dependencies... There were a lot of them..

Will try a reboot and check free space first thing. I believe ubifs decompresses files when they are needed...

Before it appeared in the repos I tried installing it from the downloaded .deb file and then an apt-get -f for the dependencies, but it only installed a couple of them

This was for a straight Armel deb file so probably not optified in any way shape or form

Im now upto 42MiB but done a reboot to see if anything else clears up

The place I got the .deb file from listed all the dependencies and yes there is a lot !

After a reboot I gained a total of 1Mib

I tried removing Wireshark and all unused packages with deborphan and I still have about 22MB free (more or less the same as with it installed), so I guess it's dependencies are pretty well optified...

EDIT - Oh, forgot to mention I rebooted after cleaning up...

Last edited by DrWilken; 2010-02-06 at 22:11.

Originally Posted by *Sonic* View Post
After a reboot I gained a total of 1Mib
You beat me to it...

With all those dependencies a meg is OK...

Can the n900 capture in promiscuous mode?

I havent tried it as I havent had time and then the battery almost died so its now on charge LOL

I did put it in monitor mode which didnt complain but didnt have chance to run a scan

The Following User Says Thank You to *Sonic* For This Useful Post: