Active Topics

Originally Posted by Elstmeister View Post
Hi Serlex,

I'm having exactluy the same problem on Windows 7 64 bit - did you ever manage to resolve the issue and flash your phone?
For Win7 x64, I use XP mode to flash the firmware update. However, I can't flash the eMMC with it, so, I use a Win7 x86 computer if I need to flash eMMC.

Hi - this is my first post on Maemo,org!

I had the same problem 'suitable USB device not found, waiting'. Essentially I was using Windows XP which would flash PR 1.2absolutely fine, but would not flash the eMMC as discribed in the post. I gaveup with my computer in the end and used another computer with windows 7 enterprise installed - this flashed PR1.2 and the eMMC wihtout any problems at all.

Hello

Thanks a lot for your blog.... your solution has been untill now the closest solution that I tried to fixed my nokia n900 that caught a virus the day before yesterday

I have flashed my n900 before without any trouble, but this time im going trought a really hard time, dont know why?

the cdm keeps telling me that the device us not recognized usb?

i tried like a mention your solution... Repeat every steps a few times already, but in still a little stuck

1.- so... i uninstalled the OVI, PC suit, Software Updater, un case they are making a conflict.
2.- Unistall the cable driver, and run again the cmd, in -i mode to see the conection come up...
3.- with the device manager open, saw a few things: Disk drives show: SD1 Device witch I think is the nokia n900 under flash mode (i think this is the problem)
4.- plug the n900 holding the u, windows new hardware appear, i ignore it as advised.
5.- installed the cable driver that i downloaded from your link, a notice came up from this procedure during install, i ignore it as well, and finished the instalation. all god untill now.
6.- ? Nokia n900 (update mode) appear under network adapter with the question mark... all good untill now. command still in waitting...
7.- i did bought, cancel in one ocacion the windows new hardware windown, and the other time when trought with the offer to find driver... bought times happed the same:
looks for NOKIA USB ROOM DRIVER, BUT DOESNT INSTALLLED IT ANYWHARE, but the 2 drivers that get installed are: Nokia BB5 ADL PARENT, AND LOADER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT....
8.- for a second the cdm recognizes the device!!!.. and this comes up:
usb devoces found at bus bus-0, device address \\.\libus0-0001--0x0421-0x0105
found device rx-51 hardware revision 2101
nolo version 1-4-14
version of 'sw-release': rx-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_002
Booting device into flash mode
suitable usb device not found

that is all......

JUST AS I WAS FINISHING!!!... damm..... close....

Am I missing a step? making any mistakes?

I will really APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!!... i live in a litthe town in Ecuador, Ibarra... very charming, but TECH FREE ZONE!!.. so I have to fixed this myself!!!!...

Thanks a lot for your time and help...

M2.

Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
resolution - Suitable USB device not found, waiting

Today my over the air firmware upgrade (PR 1.2) run out of space and my n900 was sudently bricked.

Power down the device and it kept rebooting, just briefly displaying the blue wall paper...

I then followed the instructions to reflash the device
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

grab the 3 downloads recommended

I then 1st plug the device with the microUSB cable, and windows could access all my files as mass storage device, this was fine to backup my data.

But then when I tried to reflash the N900 as per the instructions,
turn off the device completly (remove batery temporary), and then holding down the 'U' key, plugged in the microUSB cable, windows detected the hardware and asked for a CD/driver and could not find the driver, this driver was not in the windows updates either.

My research took to the following download (driver for cable type CA-101):
http://europe.nokia.com/support/down...3-ca-70-ca-101

This package allows you to repair or uninstall, i choose un-install 1st, and in addition to that, i also removed the unknow device entry in the windows device manager, then i re-installed the driver again using this new package, however the Update Mode driver still did not install this time, as the driver is only seen/detected when you hold down the 'U' key and then plug in the microUSB, only then this particular driver is needed by windows and once again did not find it again, at this point i just run the installation package again while the device is in Update Mode and done the repair, a message came up saying that the existent drivers were in use (in other words the software wanted me to uplug the cable to be able to repair all the drivers), cache 22 here as I wanted the Update Mode driver to be installed, i simple choose to ignore and it skip the drivers already installed and in addition it installed the Update Mode driver, next second I could see my device manager refreshing all the drivers.

...at same time i had the flash utility set to detect the update mode usb connection:
flasher-3.5.exe -i
...and sudently the display/waiting message "Suitable USB device not found, waiting" changed showing that the driver was installed and device had been detect successfully and then i was able to reflash the device next.

Voila I got a N900 working again.

Hope this resolution helps others.

Hello

Thanks a lot for your blog.... your solution has been untill now the closest solution that I tried to fixed my nokia n900 that caught a virus the day before yesterday

I have flashed my n900 before without any trouble, but this time im going trought a really hard time, dont know why?

the cdm keeps telling me that the device us not recognized usb?

i tried like a mention your solution... Repeat every steps a few times already, but in still a little stuck

1.- so... i uninstalled the OVI, PC suit, Software Updater, un case they are making a conflict.
2.- Unistall the cable driver, and run again the cmd, in -i mode to see the conection come up...
3.- with the device manager open, saw a few things: Disk drives show: SD1 Device witch I think is the nokia n900 under flash mode (i think this is the problem)
4.- plug the n900 holding the u, windows new hardware appear, i ignore it as advised.
5.- installed the cable driver that i downloaded from your link, a notice came up from this procedure during install, i ignore it as well, and finished the instalation. all god untill now.
6.- ? Nokia n900 (update mode) appear under network adapter with the question mark... all good untill now. command still in waitting...
7.- i did bought, cancel in one ocacion the windows new hardware windown, and the other time when trought with the offer to find driver... bought times happed the same:
looks for NOKIA USB ROOM DRIVER, BUT DOESNT INSTALLLED IT ANYWHARE, but the 2 drivers that get installed are: Nokia BB5 ADL PARENT, AND LOADER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT....
8.- for a second the cdm recognizes the device!!!.. and this comes up:
usb devoces found at bus bus-0, device address \\.\libus0-0001--0x0421-0x0105
found device rx-51 hardware revision 2101
nolo version 1-4-14
version of 'sw-release': rx-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2.002_PR_002
Booting device into flash mode
suitable usb device not found

that is all......

JUST AS I WAS FINISHING!!!... damm..... close....

Am I missing a step? making any mistakes?

I will really APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!!!!... i live in a litthe town in Ecuador, Ibarra... very charming, but TECH FREE ZONE!!.. so I have to fixed this myself!!!!...

Thanks a lot for your time and help...

M2.

Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
resolution - Suitable USB device not found, waiting

Today my over the air firmware upgrade (PR 1.2) run out of space and my n900 was sudently bricked.

Power down the device and it kept rebooting, just briefly displaying the blue wall paper...

I then followed the instructions to reflash the device
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware

grab the 3 downloads recommended

I then 1st plug the device with the microUSB cable, and windows could access all my files as mass storage device, this was fine to backup my data.

But then when I tried to reflash the N900 as per the instructions,
turn off the device completly (remove batery temporary), and then holding down the 'U' key, plugged in the microUSB cable, windows detected the hardware and asked for a CD/driver and could not find the driver, this driver was not in the windows updates either.

My research took to the following download (driver for cable type CA-101):
http://europe.nokia.com/support/down...3-ca-70-ca-101

This package allows you to repair or uninstall, i choose un-install 1st, and in addition to that, i also removed the unknow device entry in the windows device manager, then i re-installed the driver again using this new package, however the Update Mode driver still did not install this time, as the driver is only seen/detected when you hold down the 'U' key and then plug in the microUSB, only then this particular driver is needed by windows and once again did not find it again, at this point i just run the installation package again while the device is in Update Mode and done the repair, a message came up saying that the existent drivers were in use (in other words the software wanted me to uplug the cable to be able to repair all the drivers), cache 22 here as I wanted the Update Mode driver to be installed, i simple choose to ignore and it skip the drivers already installed and in addition it installed the Update Mode driver, next second I could see my device manager refreshing all the drivers.

...at same time i had the flash utility set to detect the update mode usb connection:
flasher-3.5.exe -i
...and sudently the display/waiting message "Suitable USB device not found, waiting" changed showing that the driver was installed and device had been detect successfully and then i was able to reflash the device next.

Voila I got a N900 working again.

Hope this resolution helps others.

i seem to have the same problem. Everytime i turn the n900 on it goes to multiboot and it doesnt give maemo or nitdroid as options. Already tried reflashing with all the systems and cant get the usb to stay connected any help will be appreciated.