Active Topics

The Following User Says Thank You to ivnvir For This Useful Post:
This TRRS/TRS tomfoolery might have ruined the right-channel on my receiver's RCA analog-outs too.

I'd advise caution when trying to connect the N900 with a TRS headphone-cable or a headphone-to-RCA(Red and White) cable.

In the end, I bought a BH-214 bluetooth headset adapter (comes with earphones, but you can use any with it as it has a standard headphone plug). When you don't want bluetooth, you can then just plug your earphones directly into the phone. Recommended.

Originally Posted by abcoates View Post
In the end, I bought a BH-214 bluetooth headset adapter (comes with earphones, but you can use any with it as it has a standard headphone plug). When you don't want bluetooth, you can then just plug your earphones directly into the phone. Recommended.
Yeah - for most people (and for me, purely casual use) it's the best option given the current limitations. After all, even if we do get the jack working with iPhone headsets, you still have no control over transport or volume. However, for those of us with good headphones/earphones it's not ideal. The BH-214 does give about the best possible sound quality possible with BT at the moment through the jack, but it still has major audible compromises if you have decent head/ear gear.

Last edited by punto; 2010-07-24 at 11:39.

bought a BH-505 which work great with N900 !

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ljubljana, Slovenia
Headphones that came with N900 just died (WH-205) -- phone doesn't recognise them when plugged. At first I thought something is wrong with phone, but than I tried WH-103 (mono headphones I use in car) and were recognized immediately.

BT version is out of the question + I checked BH-505 -- one thing I disliked from the very beginnig is the shape of that piece that sit into ear with those silicone caps. I am looking for something more classic shape (like WH-103) as those "modern" headphones don't fit in my ears

Last edited by sponka; 2010-07-24 at 18:32.

Originally Posted by sponka View Post
Headphones that came with N900 just died (WH-205) -- phone doesn't recognise them when plugged. At first I thought something is wrong with phone, but than I tried WH-103 (mono headphones I use in car) and were recognized immediately.

BT version is out of the question + I checked BH-505 -- one thing I disliked from the very beginnig is the shape of that piece that sit into ear with those silicone caps. I am looking for something more classic shape (like WH-103) as those "modern" headphones don't fit in my ears
As we've been discussing, get the BH-214. Then you can use whatever headphones you want

The Following User Says Thank You to punto For This Useful Post:
Sennheiser IE8 is what i use. They work perfectly fine.

I don't believe anyone's claiming regular headphones don't work. They do.

I am using Nokia BH-505 heavily which works just nice incl. phone call accepting, talking, music control buttons and sliders, great.
The single feature missing is voice dialing, but that is N900 fault, not BH-505...