Active Topics

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
most of our tv's have skype now and u can call the n900 from tv but u cant see the tv video on phone and the phone video looks awful on tv, but ive only tried it on 42inch. but yes it works and i suppose thats the main point.

ps I am a manager of a Panasonic store

The Following User Says Thank You to se23 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by airjaff View Post
dont beleive what companies tell u. its all hear say
I think you mean "heresy." And a quote directly from the developer isn't heresy anyway.

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
We may expect them to fix videocalls from Maemo to OSX version of Skype simultaneously.
Apart from that integrated Skype is a great if not the gratest feature and exclusivity to Maemo now that cross platform Fring has lost its "Skype license" after the Skype video on iPhone 4 launch debacle.

I hope its true. Skype calls are great but they don't work very well on 3G. When I tether from my laptop voice / video is fine. I get 3 to 5 Mb/s download here in LA and 1 Mb/s upload. When I do it native on the phone its laggy and drops all the time. I'm sorry to say that Fring on my N75 was better in terms of voice quality (2G only) and rarely dropped unless I was moving fast (in a car), and Fring on the N75 is pretty barely acceptable.

An update would be very welcome! :-)