Originally Posted by smoku View Post
I never use 'U' key for flashing...

1. turn off the phone completely
2. run flasher on CLI and wait for it to search for devices
3. connect the phone using USB cable
4. flasher detects the phone and starts flashing
I'm just going by the wiki

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
Interesting, that's exactly what happened to me when I went this route to try MeeGo.

It turned out that when I tried to flash the official pr1.3 kernel, I got this message:

flasher v2.5.2 (Oct 21 2009)

Suitable USB device not found, waiting.
USB device found found at bus 002, device address 017.
Found device RX-51, hardware revision 2204
NOLO version 1.4.14
Version of 'sw-release': RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_MR0
Sending kernel image (195482 kB)...

Write failed after 0 bytes
usb_bulk_write: Resource temporarily unavailable
According to this comment multiboot only works correctly if the kernel are aware of its presence (which apprently the meego doesn't)

Now that doesn't explain why i couldn't load the pr1.3 kernel using the flasher... I would really like to understand why this is happening. Maybe other parts of the boot sequence gets clobbered during meego boot/run... I can't tell really. I just notice that when I flash my phone using the PR1.3 image (that worked ok) there seems to be a lot of "things" in the image aside the rootfs and kernel...

Any clue? I sure hope we can find a answer to this before too many adventurous users gets into trouble trying the multiboot approach...

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I am not an expert here but I've read somewhere that in order to boot back to maemo you have to remove the MicroSD (that has the MeeGo installed on).. It sounds silly but try that and see if it works...

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
I've did that: I tried without an sd card and with the sd card that contains the NITDroid image, without luck.

I've seen other being able to reflash their original kernel without issues (it seems), I guess there was something special about my setup...

Oh well I may try again later... once I get a better understanding of the bootloader process of the N900...