Poll: Will you be buying a Samsung Galaxy Tab?
Poll Options
Will you be buying a Samsung Galaxy Tab?

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Not thinking of buying any Tab right now, but I'm keeping updated on what's to come... maybe next year.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
No. I am already looking for a new phone, but I have rather specific features that I want and at the moment not a single one really fits my needs. Especially Galaxy Tab.

No. It is way too expensive. For that price, I expect at least a dual core non-mobile CPU and a full desktop OS. Also, an hole to put my stylus.

Just because it's sleek and slim and Apple has embraced the tablet market, doesn't mean I'm forgetting all my requirements for a tablet PC.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by volt View Post
No. It is way too expensive. For that price, I expect at least a dual core non-mobile CPU and a full desktop OS. Also, an hole to put my stylus.

Just because it's sleek and slim and Apple has embraced the tablet market, doesn't mean I'm forgetting all my requirements for a tablet PC.
Android Tab is ripping SOMEONE a hole, anyway. What do you need a STYLUS for?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
What do you need a STYLUS for?
A stylys is useful for plenty of things. For example certain games and applications that need to show lots of stuff on the screen are easier to use when you can tap _precisely_ on the item in question. And then there's for example those who like to doodle/draw on-the-go, and a finger just is not nearly enough for that.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post
A stylys is useful for plenty of things. For example certain games and applications that need to show lots of stuff on the screen are easier to use when you can tap _precisely_ on the item in question. And then there's for example those who like to doodle/draw on-the-go, and a finger just is not nearly enough for that.
...on a capacitance screen? uhmmm
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Android Tab is ripping SOMEONE a hole, anyway. What do you need a STYLUS for?
I need a stylus for accuracy. I cannot draw without accuracy. And every Wacom owner in the world will tell you that one of the main features of a tablet is to draw.

If you need a secondary reason to use a stylus: until touch screen phones, it was an universal truth that KEEP YOUR FATTY FINGERS OFF MY SCREEN and you know what? Your fingers still smudge the screen. It's bad for the eyes.

Btw, I bought my first tablet PC about 5 years ago, and if not for the fact that I can't get a new still working battery for it, I'd just slap a SSD in there and it'd still kick some srs Atom butt. 10.3" screen convertible tablet PC, 1.1 kilos.

As to resistive screen vs capacitive screen, I blame cheap *** hardware developers that we still even have that discussion. There are limitations with both technologies... And yet they keep using them.

Last edited by volt; 2010-11-10 at 00:55.

...on a capacitance screen? uhmmm
Simply put: yes, indeed.

Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
I will most likely get one. There are many metrics beyond processor speed that make a quality device and the Tab is incredibly well rounded in this regard. While there are faster units coming out, I suspect that the Tab will continue handle most tasks very well.

All of this is subjective, but I feel the Tab has:
- Excellent screen
- Excellent capacitive touch
- Excellent form factor/weight
- Excellent OS (please try not to yell!)
- Excellent battery life
- Excellent suite of software out-of-the-box
- Excellent performance
I think I'll buy the refresh of the Galaxy Tab that has the SUPER AMOLED screen.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post: