Active Topics

Originally Posted by joppu View Post
If the Tablet UX is this scalable, what's the point then with the separate Handset UI which seems to use a different UX paradigm at least to some extent?
It sounds from Stekeeps response above there might not be hence why Intel just want to use the one meego ui in future?

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
can any one help. i have downloaded the images from the site (http://sagestechblog.blogspot.com/20...t-release.html) and got kernel file from the repo. but when i am flashing the kernel file its show me dos thn something written on it and then it got to a black or dark blue like screen and stops there.. wht could be the problem?

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
If the Tablet UX is this scalable, what's the point then with the separate Handset UI which seems to use a different UX paradigm at least to some extent?
Exactly. And I don't get how this doesn't have the panes were used to on tablet devices? What's going on here? Or is this a view of the apps menu (only)? I hope no time was wasted making Handset and Tablet, only to see them come this close towards the end.

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by cjp View Post
I hope no time was wasted making Handset and Tablet, only to see them come this close towards the end.
I am not sure if we ahve actually ever seen an handset UI but if one was developed then no doubt all that time & effort has been wasted, but perhpas this sums up what was going on in the Nokia developement world before Elop arrived i.e. not real joined my thinking between various developers?

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Handset and Tablet are really Intel work, nothing to deal with Nokia work except some shared components.. Tablet (or unified UX as some call it) is an evolution of Handset (which was made in MeeGo Touch Framework), with a lot of things remade in QML. And it's actually a lot better.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Funny enough, I kinda liked some of the elements of the handset UX more... like the panels of this thing, and I like the plan of unifying handheld and tablet UIs. More unification between UXs means less users feeling like their devices actually are unified, more intuitiveness when switching, etc. That said, this makes me happy, since another UX going open source certainly is a good thing.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I can't wait for people to get cracking on this now that it's open source. Why is it o-s only now, though? I bet some closed-s compinents had to be finished before it could be "released" as o-s?

Please read my blog: "PeakMobility", which deals with MeeGo/Maemo, Windows Phone and mobile technology in general from a hedonistic user point-of-view: http://peakmob.blogspot.com/

Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Because Intel like to do big reveals of mostly working code. Which is kind of cool if you like suprises. But is also a good tactic for marketting the platform

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ indonesia
Is this the same as the previous V1.1 MeeGo?

If not the same, how can I get a tutor MeeGo UX can run on my N900?

does anyone know how messanging is done on meego?

i like how everything is using telepathy and conversation n900 ubuntu

its the same for meego?
edit: after watching the video this loosk more complete than WP7, wtf elop thinking?

Last edited by jo21; 2011-03-27 at 11:58.

Tags
noobs stay away, not for noobs