Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by rcolistete View Post
See also "Derivative" (listed in the Integral web site) in v0.9 (v1.0 will be announced next week) :
http://www.robertocolistete.net/Derivative/

It can also calculate grad, div, curl and laplacian in 3 coordinate systems (carthesian, cylindrical and spherical), which is very useful in electromagnetism calculations

If you have some idea of specific software for electric/magnetic field, feel free to suggest it to me, I plan to write softwares like "Cinematics", "Eletric Potential", etc, targetting Maemo/MeeGo.

Where did you hide this last semister? lol
I will, thanks alot

The Following User Says Thank You to ironm8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
Integral v1.0.0 for Maemo 5 is now available in extra-devel repository.

I have updated the first post of this topic.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately, python-sympy is not optificated.

Originally Posted by hxka View Post
Unfortunately, python-sympy is not optificated.
Well, I think that the majority of the "python-sympy" files are inside "/usr/share/pyshared/" which is optified to "/opt/pymaemo/usr/share/pyshared/". Python optification can be done by following :
http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs...#Optify_Python

I am working on releasing a new "python-sympy" package with SymPy 0.7.1, optified and maybe addressing the issue of setting the number of columns when using bidimensional (pretty printing) output.

Due to this work I have not yet released "Integral" for Maemo 4, neither "Derivative", etc for Maemo 4/5.

I will keep everybody in touch here.
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

Last edited by rcolistete; 2011-08-25 at 22:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
Commenting my previous post, I confirmed that "pymaemo-optify" is automatically installed (by python2.5 package, i.e., every software written in Python), so almost all of the "python-sympy" files are optified (just 20KB remaining).
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

New version of Integral released !

Integral 1.1.0 (12/09/2011) :
* bidimensional output type has correct line breaks without opening the X Terminal.
* result with zoom in and out in 8 levels.
* different colors for calculation time, non-calculated integral and result.
* 5 simplification methods instead of 3.
* Fortran output type.
* help window.
* more robust input.
* time to load is approx. 13 seconds on Nokia N900 @ 600 MHz because it now uses SymPy 0.7.1 (07/2011).

The extras-devel repository is updated with Integral v1.1 and SymPy 0.7.1.

With SymPy 0.7.1 more integrals are now solved.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:

If you have some idea of specific software for electric/magnetic field, feel free to suggest it to me, I plan to write softwares like "Cinematics", "Eletric Potential", etc, targetting Maemo/MeeGo.
I do not no much (much<3%) about electric/magnetic field
It is possible a software to send signal with the n900 fm transmitter and receiving with the n900 radio fm reciver to find metal on wall.
And doing somehow to not receive the signals reflected from the n900 components? cutting out short length-waves
just a thought

See also "Derivative" (listed in the Integral web site) in v0.9 (v1.0 will be announced next week) :
http://www.robertocolistete.net/Derivative/

It can also calculate grad, div, curl and laplacian in 3 coordinate systems (carthesian, cylindrical and spherical), which is very useful in electromagnetism calculations

just one word for your work:
Awesome

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following User Says Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SHARP66 View Post
I do not no much (much<3%) about electric/magnetic field
It is possible a software to send signal with the n900 fm transmitter and receiving with the n900 radio fm reciver to find metal on wall.
And doing somehow to not receive the signals reflected from the n900 components? cutting out short length-waves
just a thought
Well, I think it is not possible to turn the N900 into a primitive radar, which usually employs high speed hardware and software (to send, receive and process the signals).

The Following User Says Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:
New minor bug fix version of Integral released.

Integral 1.1.1 (14/09/2011) :
* to show greek and other symbols in bidimensional output the X Terminal is opened when starting Integral and can not be closed.
* time to load version 1.1.x is approx. 18 seconds (instead of 13) on Nokia N900 @ 600 MHz, compared to approx. 7 seconds (instead of 2) to load version 1.0.0.

The extras-devel repository is updated with Integral v1.1.1.

So, due to some SymPy internal details, it is needed to have an opened X terminal so the bidimensional output shows greek and other symbols. Maybe a future version of SymPy will solve this limitation/feature.

The comment about timing : the changelog of v1.1.0 has the timing (13 s) for opening SymPy from an already opened X terminal. Opening Integral from the icon adds approx. 5 s to the 13 s, so we have about 18 s. Version 1.0 of Integral was starting in 7 s because it was using a older and less powerful version of SymPy (v0.6.6).

Last edited by rcolistete; 2011-09-14 at 22:12. Reason: Explained about SymPy 0.6.6.