Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
LPM is the best thing since the smartphone was invented. And if I don't want it to show the time while on the table, I just cover the proximity sensor with a piece of paper.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
LPM is the best thing since the smartphone was invented. And if I don't want it to show the time while on the table, I just cover the proximity sensor with a piece of paper.
i am not going to disagree with you, considering i think its awesome. i just dont like how its constantly using the screen 24/7 it makes me paranoid that i will get more screen burn lol

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by stratax View Post
i am not going to disagree with you, considering i think its awesome. i just dont like how its constantly using the screen 24/7 it makes me paranoid that i will get more screen burn lol
That's why it moves around :P

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
That's why it moves around :P
yes, it does. but even though the whole screen looks like it is off it is slightly on.. go into a pitch black room with it on and you can kind of notice the whole screen is lit, just a tad. it still makes me paranoid considering its a amoled screen and they have a bad rep of not having a good life span :/ i wish there was a LCD that had as good blacks as a oled screen lol, thats asking for too much though

now if it wasnt a Nokia that is pretty rare in the US i wouldn't give two craps about it haha, and leave it on all the time. i treated my htc amaze like crap, but i treat this phone like a baby xD

The Following User Says Thank You to stratax For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
we can maybe fix this, maybe?
Theres nothing to fix, its just the way it is.

Having a screen on even in Low Power Mode still uses Power

Only fix would be to disable the LPMS screen.

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Dunno about you guys but I find the always on standby-screen one of the BEST features of the N9. I often leave me N9 on my desk while its on silent so one quick look at the phone tells me the time and any notifications.

I reckon spamming the phone wondering if you have a new message/missed call probably uses more power than the LPS screen?

Maybe the battery sacrifice is quite strong but the fact I easily get around 2 days from one charge, I will take the chance

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Nad View Post
Dunno about you guys but I find the always on standby-screen one of the BEST features of the N9. I often leave me N9 on my desk while its on silent so one quick look at the phone tells me the time and any notifications.

I reckon spamming the phone wondering if you have a new message/missed call probably uses more power than the LPS screen?

Maybe the battery sacrifice is quite strong but the fact I easily get around 2 days from one charge, I will take the chance
correct, not even Symbian devices can match N9's Low Power Screen usefulness.

I believe this patterned everywhere by Nokia, which makes Apple can't use it and claim it as their own invention...

and maybe Jolla OS won't be having this feature too

Originally Posted by Nad View Post

I agree and what is, if you left the room for a short time while there was a calendar event. Since the calendar events don't repeat the event by ringing (what I hate), a look on the screen is the only way to notice this event.

P.s.: I loved the led notification on N900!

Originally Posted by delmar View Post
I agree and what is, if you left the room for a short time while there was a calendar event. Since the calendar events don't repeat the event by ringing (what I hate), a look on the screen is the only way to notice this event.

P.s.: I loved the led notification on N900!
yeah i wish we had a option to use out white led light as a notification light for people who dont want to use the standby screen. i like the position of the light on the n9, i just wish it did more.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by stratax View Post
yeah i wish we had a option to use out white led light as a notification light for people who dont want to use the standby screen. i like the position of the light on the n9, i just wish it did more.
Did you look at this thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85568

I just got my LED notification working and have turned off my LPM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tanwg For This Useful Post: