Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
cssu extras and cssu standerd should be the answer to all conflicts where cssu standerd would be the normal cssu and extras or foss woud be the one with all replaced stuff or i think nothing gonna happen to replacements and enancements___________________________________why dont you guys just abolish cssu for cssu thumb?? Why so much work everywhere ?? I think cssu thumb standerd and cssu thumb extras would be fine_____________________________why dont cssu devs improve the ui of maemo 5 its no way bad but it has become monotonus .a set of updates for cssu extras or optional ota update enanhancing the look and feel would be a pleasure i mean the hidlon bars gets streamlined its way thick for the browser and other apps. the menu allinment is changed default icons replaced etc would feel fresh out out of the oven

Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
QML UI Like N9 Would Be Awesome And Smooth For N900. sorry if m wrong

The Following User Says Thank You to seanmcken For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
why dont you guys just abolish cssu for cssu thumb?? Why so much work everywhere ?? I think cssu thumb standerd and cssu thumb extras would be fine
This I have also mentioned as I also think stable-thumb is the future.
Having CSSU-thumb replace CSSU would involve forcing EVERYONE to upgrade there kernel to KP or KCSSU.
Replacing a kernel has more issues than replacing packages. For starters we don't know everybody's setup and this may result in unbootable devices.
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
why dont cssu devs improve the ui of maemo 5 its no way bad but it has become monotonus.
Personally I feel many still use the N900 for it's UI. The purpose of CSSU is to prolong the use of our devices by providing updates and bugfixes not UI.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by seanmcken View Post
QML UI Like N9 Would Be Awesome And Smooth For N900. sorry if m wrong
I'd prefer hildon-desktop over Harmattan UI everytime. Actually Maemo5 UI is one of the reason I am still using my n900 despite I have n950.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
@sixwheeledbeast: replacing the kernel is not that scary as it seems. We know about 3 things that will break if we replace omap1 with KP-clone:

1. fcam
- repaired by installing fcam drivers built against the kernel, we may even put such a build in the repo
2. joikuspot
- not sure about that one, there are a couple of FOSS alternatives
3. powertop
- this one is tricky, it doesn't stop to work, but gives some bogus info about CPU frequencies. And it was decided that OC patch will not go into kcssu-to-be on the first round.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't see any of ^^^ being a showstopper.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900

Community SSU developer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
@fmg thanks, nice to have opinions from the CSSU team.
Wouldn't devices with uboot or multiboot installed cause issues too?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 863 | Thanked: 213 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Goa
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
I'd prefer hildon-desktop over Harmattan UI everytime. Actually Maemo5 UI is one of the reason I am still using my n900 despite I have n950.

sorry i dint mean that whold architecture of n9, i just meant is "same UI of N900 but built on QML Transition Stuff". I mean like that "qultube" app. cuz this desktop watever we r using lags sometimes and there is no good "Smoothness" in transitions i can talk about. and graphics is just like a "Big Nothing". Im Just A Noob And I Dunno What Efforts You Guys Take To Make These Unexpectable Things. Anyways Thank You Very Much For Keeping This Phone Alive Till Now And Forever.

Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
@fmg thanks, nice to have opinions from the CSSU team.
Wouldn't devices with uboot or multiboot installed cause issues too?
Pali made a SW that recognizes the currently flashed kernel (which includes u-boot too), so we will ask the user on what he/she wants to do. He/she will have the option to either keep the current setup (sorry, no CSSU for you ) or to fix it in a way to be compatible with CSSU and kcssu. I guess other options exist too, we'll think more deeply when it is the right time for that.

Pali deprecated multiboot in KP, but I don't see why we can't reintroduce multiboot support in kcssu. Though I am not sure if we should do it . However, the option exists.

Community SSU developer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
I don't even know what FOSS means. However, would it be possible to include a community decided set of programs in cssu? So that when you reflash your n900, you install 1.3 and then cssu and then you phone is set up. A cssu with nitdroid would be good. I installed nitdroid useing the beta 3 installer on my main phone and did exactly the same thing on my second but got guru meditation and reboot loop.
Things I use
OMWeather
Cutetube
OMP
H-E-N
Qcpufreq
Mobile hotspot
Transission
The tramps treasure (for obvious reasons)

Anything that adds functonality to the phone should be included.

Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
I don't even know what FOSS means. However, would it be possible to include a community decided set of programs in cssu? So that when you reflash your n900, you install 1.3 and then cssu and then you phone is set up. A cssu with nitdroid would be good. I installed nitdroid useing the beta 3 installer on my main phone and did exactly the same thing on my second but got guru meditation and reboot loop.
Things I use
OMWeather
Cutetube
OMP
H-E-N
Qcpufreq
Mobile hotspot
Transission
The tramps treasure (for obvious reasons)

Anything that adds functonality to the phone should be included.
No need to include some "default" set, you can easily backup your currently installed programs and restore them after the reflash.

EDIT:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_a...ource_software

Community SSU developer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post: