Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
What is there not to like? Its a great phone...

Much, much better than N9. The Jolla abomination, the child with multiple congenital anomalies, the ****** who never should have been born. The bastard who doesnt know who the father or mother is.......its N9.

Originally Posted by lumiaman View Post
the child with multiple congenital anomalies, the ****** who never should have been born. The bastard who doesnt know who the father or mother is.......its Lumiaman.
There, FTFY.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Nokia's new PureView ad is amazing, too bad it's faked

From the article:
"...The ad shows side-by-side video — obviously intended to represent the phone's video capabilities. On the left, Nokia shows the non-stabilized version, which, predictably, looks terrible, and on the right the ad shows the perfectly smooth capture, purportedly enabled by Nokia's optical image stabilization technology. The only problem is that the video is faked."
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Faked... or simulated?

Regardless, the drop in stock price happened even to Apple during WWDC - remember?

I'm waiting to see if Nokia has learned from their prior mistakes of not announcing a date, price and distribution channels...

Oh wait, the announcement did have that information, right?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I'm not sure if the market understands the release.
The 920 is probably the best smartphone ever. But where is the WOW factor? The market doesn't understand the release, but Nokia does not understand how to release. The market expected real PureView but got something completely different. The market expected something bold and exciting, but got something slightly boring - and old.

I guess it will all now depend on sales. Investors are not wowed.

My only dislike of Lumias so far, as well as N9 abomination, is that you can not adjust fonts. I like to type words in large and bold fonts. I could do this on N900 (probably the best NOKIA phone ever), but cant do it on LUMIA or N9. If WP8 supports it, I am getting one. Anyone know?

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
There is one thing that holds Nokia back. Windows phone. It doesn't allow such big sensor yet + what would a beautiful, yellow thin windows phone look like with a huge camera at the back? They couldn't do this. That's why Lumia 920 was given the catchy name PureView and not the technology.

^Lumiaman, get yourself an 808, best camera, nice OS, true multitasking and on the top of that, you can use any font you want!

Last edited by szymeczek34; 2012-09-05 at 23:24.

Originally Posted by specc View Post
The market doesn't understand the release, but Nokia does not understand how to release.
No. Nokia doesn't understand what people want any longer. They're too isolated and what they're offering isn't striking with people.

WP7/900, didn't really catch on like the SGS2. WP8/920 doesn't seem to be catching on like the SGS3.

Tags
bring me beer, downward spiral, elop is nero, let's talk bs, lumiadickweed, lumiatard, nero fiddling, nokia bears, nokiastockrock, thanks for asha