Active Topics

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@juiceme (also thedead1440)

I have two "severe" problems now.
Maybe more related to open kernel instead of ubiboot, but as I read from TMO I did everything right:
flashed full eMMC stock image. flashed open kernel, repartitioned, prepared ubifs, flashed ubi kernel, booted open mode l2 fix kernel

BUT when I now try to
1. enter a mail password it is forgotten with next reboot
even when I boot into stock omap kernel and/or recreate the account I have to reenter on next boot
This is the same with all kernels (stock, open mode, l2 fix, ...)

2. when I want to add a SIP account, this does not work (connection to SIP not possible)
when I boot stock kernel I can connect and this password is not forgotten. But it only works with stock kernel, not with an open mode. Did I miss something here?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-03-28 at 12:31.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
peterleinchen,

Seems like you forgot to delete the 3 folders as user:

Code:
rm -rf /home/user/.aegis
rm -rf /home/user/.accounts
rm -rf /home/user/.activesync
Now you'll have to create your accounts again and only at first boot you'll be asked for passwords

Try not to change between open mode and stock kernels. Changing between openmode kernels is fine but once you involve stock you are going back to aegis configs which cause the issue

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-03-28 at 12:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
I have been trying a dual boot configuration with harmattan and nemo on my N9 (1603).

I managed to have both systems booting and working, but could never achieve stability in harmattan. I tried the following kernels: bzImage that came with nemo installation (on boot-orig dir), openmode kernel, openmode kernel + l2fix.

The only kernel that allowed me to boot harmattan was the l2fix. However, the system had stability problems, with several reboots in sequence. On the other hand, nemo was rock-solid.

What kernels are you using for harmattan? Is it running stable?
As far as I know you are the first one ever to get ubiboot launch Harmattan on a HW rev.1603 device...

Have you ever had those BME-related "connect charger" problems?
Have you done some tweaking to device init or are you running ubiboot-as-is?

Could you please post your "dmesg" and "/var/log/syslog" after booting to Harmattan from ubiboot?

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
As far as I know you are the first one ever to get ubiboot launch Harmattan on a HW rev.1603 device...
not so fast :-) I am one step behind: I installed nemo and was testing the dual boot with moslo. Ubiboot is my next step when I manage to have harmattan stable.

The Following User Says Thank You to caveman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
not so fast :-) I am one step behind: I installed nemo and was testing the dual boot with moslo. Ubiboot is my next step when I manage to have harmattan stable.
Ahhh.. Too bad

I was SO hopeful, I thought I could crack this 1603 problem with your help...

well, I am now making a serial debug adapter that I hope to use to find out what is going on with the boot phase anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Well, that just means that on the ubiboot FS you have symlink "/boot/Harmattan --> /mnt/2"
Note that also the target of the link is the "/mnt/2" of the ubiboot FS, not the "/mnt" of your Harmattan root FS.

When (still in ubiboot FS, running the menu...) you do "mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 -t ext4 /mnt/2", what happens is that your Harmattan root FS now appears on the "/mnt/2" of your ubiboot FS.
Now, remember you have the symlink there, the place that your kernels will appear can be resolved to: "/boot/Harmattan/boot/"
This is same as "/boot/" on your Harmattan root FS.

If you are still confused, either just take my word for it or grab a pencil and piece of paper and sketch it out for yourself...
I am still confused, please tell me where Is the right place to put kernel files if I use default boot.conf file.

thx in advance

Originally Posted by lpt2007 View Post
I am still confused, please tell me where Is the right place to put kernel files if I use default boot.conf file.

thx in advance
No problem

Just put them in "/boot/" when you are running Harmattan.

Just put them in "/boot/" when you are running Harmattan.
Maybe you should add this in bold red letters to OP

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
peterleinchen,
Seems like you forgot to delete the 3 folders as user:

Code:
rm -rf /home/user/.aegis
rm -rf /home/user/.accounts
rm -rf /home/user/.activesync
Just resolved it that way after fiddling trying to handle that without deletion of these folders (thanks, was aware of that already) But to no avail. Now removed all accounts, rebooted, renamed/deleted folders, rebooted, added accounts and all is fine.

Try not to change between open mode and stock kernels. Changing between openmode kernels is fine but once you involve stock you are going back to aegis configs which cause the issue
That is a real pity, if so.
Because then my second problem strikes again:
2. when I want to add a SIP account, this does not work (connection to SIP not possible)
when I boot stock kernel I can connect and this password is not forgotten. But it only works with stock kernel, not with an open mode. Did I miss something here?
Does SIP not work under open mode kernel?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-03-28 at 15:51.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
That is a real pity, if so.
Because then my second problem strikes again:
Does SIP not work under open mode kernel?
Now if that's the case then there is some aegis-related dependency that I do not know about. Granted, I am not using SIP.

Now if that's the case then there is some aegis-related dependency that I do not know about. Granted, I am not using SIP.
And I did not read about that also. So I was/am a bit surprised/annoyed.
And together with that aegis password sucker it is way more, otherwise I could boot to stock kernel when explicitly needed (which is 90%), but then the password prob strikes. "Bug loop".

Another report
experienced that "connect charger" today. But mainly/only when booting the default (l2 fix) and letting the menu time out.
It happened only when menu timed out, then it started to boot, message, reboot to ubi and boot to default after another time out.
So maybe something in second boot stage times out?
Or it is really the pwr_off boot reason (from previous shutdown, which have not been handled) given to second kernel?

And another report
sometimes the menu does not react on touch. So I try to select a kernel, but the touch is not recognized. And then menu times out.
Did you notice that, too?