Active Topics

-Reboot: OK, constantly apear *error to open calendar*, and more application, no image in desktop
------- Only when i Reboot on MicroSD, normaly Reboot good.

-Repartition the flash: with your table 6gb /home -> Your Post: OK [but says *unknon command: sectors*]
yes, i using sfdisk command.
apear all table, and *unknon command: sectors*

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by ViSo View Post
-Reboot: OK, constantly apear *error to open calendar*, and more application, no image in desktop
------- Only when i Reboot on MicroSD, normaly Reboot good.
As there is no difference between /home on the eMMC and /home on the MicroSD (because of the cp -a), this shouldn't happen. If you post the output from the command I've posted earlier I can check it for you, just to be sure everything went alright.

-Repartition the flash: with your table 6gb /home -> Your Post: OK [but says *unknon command: sectors*]
yes, i using sfdisk command.
apear all table, and *unknon command: sectors*
Are you absolutely sure you're running the exact same command (sfdisk --no-reread /dev/mmcblk0 < table) as root in the same directory as where the table file is? Also, what do you mean with "apear all table"?

OK, now i using PR1.2! i try Repartition and...
when i reboot with /home in MicroSD, apear image on desktop, and no errors with calendar and other default apps, and when i Format MyDocs, apear a line:
############################ [i think, is the process] before dont apear.
but i continue with the stupids 2GB... i hate my phone...

1 detail, when i write the sfdisk code, says:
sfdisk: input error: unexpected character after id field

why?

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
OK, now i using PR1.2! i try Repartition and...
when i reboot with /home in MicroSD, apear image on desktop, and no errors with calendar and other default apps, and when i Format MyDocs, apear a line:
############################ [i think, is the process] before dont apear.
but i continue with the stupids 2GB... i hate my phone...

1 detail, when i write the sfdisk code, says:
sfdisk: input error: unexpected character after id field

why?
It doesn't make any difference if you use PR 1.2 instead of PR 1.3, as I've said here.
The sfdisk command didn't succeed, so your eMMC isn't repartitioned, hence you still got the 2GB partition. Try removing the comments from the table file, so it will look like this:
Code:
unit: sectors
/dev/mmcblk0p1 : start=       64, size= 48242688, Id=c
/dev/mmcblk0p2 : start= 48242752, size= 12582912, Id=83
/dev/mmcblk0p3 : start= 60825664, size=  1572864, Id=82
/dev/mmcblk0p4 : start=        0, size=        0, Id=0
Now try the sfdisk command again (plus the steps that come after it ofcourse)

but, for me with PR1.3, i have much problems, and with PR1.2 only 1 problem, [finaly same result..] but PR1.2 work better for me, now i dont have problems when i reboot using MicroSD.
i from spain [now 1:40AM] too later for try it, tomorrow i try.

1) Isn't it possible to boot from microSD and partition freely the internal memory?

2) I would be happy with 2Gb /home/user/MyDocs if there weren't applications like Sygic and OVI-Maps that save their maps in /home/user/MyDocs. Isn't there a solution with symlinks that could reduce the amount of data in MyDocs. Or is there a kind of settings?

0.o can't believe people here still go with the hard way... I get to partition mine even set the swap to 999 by just using a hex editor.
I mean come on? You could just hex edit the values on the EMMC image and reflash it you know? no more sfdisk, gparted, fdisk, mount, unmount etc.

Can you explain that?

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
0.o can't believe people here still go with the hard way... I get to partition mine even set the swap to 999 by just using a hex editor.
I mean come on? You could just hex edit the values on the EMMC image and reflash it you know? no more sfdisk, gparted, fdisk, mount, unmount etc.
Yeah give Us some explanations. For example if I want 4GB for Application and the rest for emmc what do i change in the image file??? I'm very interested by this method!!!

0.o seriously anybody here doesn't know that? Well ok i'll put instruction and screenshots later. Well for the techy guys you could just open the emmc bin file with any hex editor and you should see the values 'in MB' of ext3 and swap partition.