Active Topics

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Frankfurt, Germany
Here are mines, Matrix-Theme with coloured icons:

This post is referred by: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...715#post494715 and http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...660#post497660

Last edited by mankir; 2010-01-27 at 16:01.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mankir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Makati, Philippines
Here are my [three] desktops. Nothing too fancy here, I just like the cleanliness of the default theme, so I try to make the arrangement of desktop content to be as clean and organized-for-purpose as possible.

Main desktop: Four frequently-contacted contacts, four frequently used apps (yes, I use the TI calc for my classes :P), Weather widget (only updated once or twice a day, so I would know whether I need to bring an umbrella), and the Eyes widget for "eye"-candy. (pun)

Secondary desktop: Four frequently visited websites (but because I don't surf the web that much on my N900, they're secondary), "secret" coundown and timer, Three frequently-played games (although I forgot to put there ioquake3), and the Desktop Command Execution widget, showing a more elaborate version of my battery.

I think this is the very least visited desktop of the three. *cough* Facebook widget *cough* Calendar (mostly just to remind me for birthdays), media player.

Originally Posted by JMacalinao View Post
Here are my [three] desktops. Nothing too fancy here, I just like the cleanliness of the default theme, so I try to make the arrangement of desktop content to be as clean and organized-for-purpose as possible.

Main desktop: Four frequently-contacted contacts, four frequently used apps (yes, I use the TI calc for my classes :P), Weather widget (only updated once or twice a day, so I would know whether I need to bring an umbrella), and the Eyes widget for "eye"-candy. (pun)

Secondary desktop: Four frequently visited websites (but because I don't surf the web that much on my N900, they're secondary), "secret" coundown and timer, Three frequently-played games (although I forgot to put there ioquake3), and the Desktop Command Execution widget, showing a more elaborate version of my battery.

I think this is the very least visited desktop of the three. *cough* Facebook widget *cough* Calendar (mostly just to remind me for birthdays), media player.
How do you guys get the media player on the desktop like that ?(small widget with the album artwork etc)...?

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by acrmcr View Post
How do you guys get the media player on the desktop like that ?(small widget with the album artwork etc)...?
tap in the middle of the desktop and hold it till the desktop-menu pops up (the mode where you can place the icons on the desktop).
then click on the "desktop menu" bar on the top and on "add widget".
there should be the media player widget too.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
my new layout
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to optimistprime For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bracknell, UK
Originally Posted by phyneex View Post
Not the best but here's mine =)
Now i understand the real value of eyes widget ;-)
Excellent placement..

Ah, I see, I was trying to add it as a shortcut....d'oh!

Thanks!

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I'm using shelves. Just for the simplicity...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daddeddad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 78 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by daddeddad View Post
I'm using shelves. Just for the simplicity...
Thats funny!

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by CarstenDutch View Post
Thats funny!
I'm here for the lulz.

Tags
desktop, epic thread, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, picture, pictures, screenshot, screenshots, show and tell