Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
Ya know, I agree. Just not using all the plugins would make it work, but how about this?

The search function on the phone is actually pretty neat.

And it can search Google directly as well.

Why not just add one more toggle? A search toggle to be a shortcut for the search option already on the phone?

It doesn't take much longer to just go to apps and search... but this is way cooler, and on the status menu.

So I approve this! Pretty please MAG?

Originally Posted by SolarisSixth View Post
Ya know, I agree. Just not using all the plugins would make it work, but how about this?

The search function on the phone is actually pretty neat.

And it can search Google directly as well.

Why not just add one more toggle? A search toggle to be a shortcut for the search option already on the phone?

It doesn't take much longer to just go to apps and search... but this is way cooler, and on the status menu.

So I approve this! Pretty please MAG?
Not really, if that's the case I can easily put Search in my quick launch menu. A seacrh bar meant to allow quick search on the web, search is really a matter of speed in miliseconds, Google built the search business base on that principle and that's the point. Searching the phone is not something you do.everyday but searching the web is, and searching the web fast is a valuable tool hence i propose search bar rather than icon.

Last edited by kai_en; 2012-07-22 at 05:12.

Originally Posted by requiem_76 View Post
Hi Coderus!!!
I want to show You a problem that I'm facing right now,with the unrestricted system....

I already installed INCEPTION (I ve got the PR!.3 : no problem at all).
then...:

devel-su
rootme
wget http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/....0~1_armel.deb

but.this is the answer that i've got:

failed : name of service not found.

I'm pretty sure that i'm missing something... but I don't know WHAT!!!!
With the PR1.2 I had Inception and the unrestricted system with no problem....
Could somebody help me?
Cheers!!!!!
devel-su
rootme
apt-get install wget

Last edited by panukooo; 2012-07-23 at 20:29.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Did you install the utilities from the settings > dev mode panel?
If not you didn't install the wget tool.

So make sure this is done before using wget.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
I'm not sure where you got that URL, but my package doesn't have backport in the name, read the wiki.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
New unrestricted-system-ui!

Features:
* Safe mode, when sysuid segfaults or aborts, it restarts in safe mode (all plugins except stock disabled), this gives you a chance to fix/remove whatever you had installed (killall -11 sysuid to test, for fun)

* Merged arcean's LED support, install control panel applet using apt-get install duicontrolpanel-ledapplet.

To upgrade, reinstall using instructions in the wiki, just rm system-ui* before running any wget commands.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post

Features:
* Safe mode, when sysuid segfaults or aborts, it restarts in safe mode (all plugins except stock disabled), this gives you a chance to fix/remove whatever you had installed (killall -11 sysuid to test, for fun)

* Merged arcean's LED support, install control panel applet using apt-get install duicontrolpanel-ledapplet.

To upgrade, reinstall using instructions in the wiki, just rm system-ui* before running any wget commands.

Awesome. Thanks!

One thing, I installed the new system-ui. I then went ahead and installed the led applet. I removed led notifier so they wouldn't clash, but it doesn't seem to be working at all.

It's the right system ui, I tested it. So I'm not sure. I'll wait for a reply, worst case scenario, I'll reinstall led event notifier, it was working great.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by SolarisSixth View Post
Awesome. Thanks!

One thing, I installed the new system-ui. I then went ahead and installed the led applet. I removed led notifier so they wouldn't clash, but it doesn't seem to be working at all.

It's the right system ui, I tested it. So I'm not sure. I'll wait for a reply, worst case scenario, I'll reinstall led event notifier, it was working great.
Just reinstall led event notifier for time being... I can verify it doesn't work.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post

Features:

Can I update directly with MT-Toggles, Status updater installed? Or do I have to remove those before installing this new Unrestricted-UI?

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Can I update directly with MT-Toggles, Status updater installed? Or do I have to remove those before installing this new Unrestricted-UI?
Nope just install over.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post: