Active Topics

got 2 more questions : first is: the filebox icon style doesnt recognize my an-droid icon pack anything i can do about it?
another thing is: i placed new avatars inside the an-droid icon pack replacing the originals which works fine but in sms conversations the avatar (only the default one, replacing the blue person image) is not properly sized, it shows only the top left of the avatar and not the whole thing. how do i fix that?

Originally Posted by generationally View Post

Here are instructions on how to do get the exact same lock screen as I have:

1. Make sure that you have wget installed. If not, install from terminal:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install wget
2. Install ImageMagick (command-line tools for image manipulation) if you don't already have it. I downloaded the optified version from here. Download the file and install it:
Code:
sudo gainroot
wget http://www.debernardis.it/downloads/imagemagick_6.3.7.9.dfsg2-1~lenny3maemo1_optified_armel.deb
dpkg -i imagemagick_6.3.7.9.dfsg2-1~lenny3maemo1_optified_armel.deb
3. Remove the 'swipe to unlock' text as described in this thread. I followed these exact instructions.
4. Remove the slider image from your theme folder or replace it with a transparent empty slider image. I have used the first option and I use plastic-dark-black theme:

Code:
sudo gainroot
cd /usr/share/themes/plastic-dark-black/images
mv LockSliderThumb.png LockSliderThumb.png.orig
mv LockSliderThumbPortrait.png LockSliderThumbPortrait.png.orig
5. Create a directory somewhere on your phone where you want to have the few files needed for this. I created /home/user/CustomStuff/ directory. In this directory create a text file called e.g. lockscreen.sh and put the following commands in the file:
Code:
# simple shell script file (lockscreen.sh)
cd /home/user/CustomStuff/
wget http://lastfm.dontdrinkandroot.net/tools/user/artistcloud/generationally/6month/normal_thumb.png
mv normal_thumb.png thumb.png
convert -negate -rotate 90 -resize 95% thumb.png lastfm.png
composite -gravity south lastfm.png Fresh_series_3_bar.png lockslider.png
cp lockslider.png /usr/share/themes/plastic-dark-black/backgrounds/.
The wget command downloads an image (go to http://lastfm.dontdrinkandroot.net/ to personalize your image). The downloaded image is then renamed in order not to confuse wget the next time the script is run.
The convert command changes the color in the image from black to white (-negate) and rotates it 90 degrees. In addition, the image is resized to 95%.
The composite command overlays the downloaded image onto the 800x480 lock screen image that you want to use. I have here used this image (put it in the same folder as this script). The '-gravity south' option just puts the downloaded image in the bottom of the lock screen image.
Finally the final lock screen image is copied to the theme folder.

You can now try if it works by executing the following in a terminal window:
Code:
sh /home/user/CustomStuff/lockscreen.sh
Your lock screen should now have been updated.

6. Use Alarmed app to automatically execute the script whenever you want. I have configured Alarmed to do it daily.

That's it If you are not interested in last fm statistics on your lock screen, you can put anything there using this method. The ImageMagick tools are pretty powerful and also allows your to embed text onto images. So the possibilities of adding info to the lock screen are endless
amazing work, the possibilities are endless, what ever info you want you can get on your lock screen

-thanks generationally

The Following User Says Thank You to Weedalot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Norway
Evening. Is there a way to change the font color on the "wmBanner" and "wmIncomingEvent" banners? (they are black, want some more white'ish font color)

--Futtawuh

------------------------------------------
Alienware M15X
Razer Naga/Lycosa/Charcarias
Win7 - Ubuntu 10.10

Did I help you ? Then thank me ! --->

Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
@generationally

That is epic

Kind Regards,
D4rK
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Originally Posted by Weedalot View Post
got 2 more questions : first is: the filebox icon style doesnt recognize my an-droid icon pack anything i can do about it?
another thing is: i placed new avatars inside the an-droid icon pack replacing the originals which works fine but in sms conversations the avatar (only the default one, replacing the blue person image) is not properly sized, it shows only the top left of the avatar and not the whole thing. how do i fix that?
For the first question, change to another theme and then back to the one you are using. The right icons should now be visible.
For the second question, I'm not entirely sure what's happened. Do you have the right sized icons for the right folders? The avatar seems to be in quite a few different sizes. 48x48, 64x64, 96x96, 144x144 and 216x216. I suggest just having a quick double check. This is just a guess that it may be something to do with sizes as I don't use the android icon pack.

Last edited by bigears5000; 2011-02-09 at 20:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 675 | Thanked: 923 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Filebox has its own iconset in opt/filebox/icons, but RE the avatar the default phonebook ones are different from the one in conversations... the conversations one has to be 64x64.

Kind Regards,
D4rK
* D4rKlar on DeviantART * Maemo5 on DeviantART *
_
* M4riNa D4rK Theme and Iconset *
_

The Following User Says Thank You to D4rKlar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post
Filebox has its own iconset in opt/filebox/icons, but RE the avatar the default phonebook ones are different from the one in conversations... the conversations one has to be 64x64.

Kind Regards,
D4rK
There's your answer then weedalot. I got the wrong end of the stick there. Cheers D4rk, didn't know the difference between the different sized avatars. Do now. Thanks.

Originally Posted by D4rKlar View Post

Kind Regards,
D4rK
but the other icons that i changed do work, i mean they were all sized the same but just the default one wont auto size itself into the right size. it is strange, also the place i downloaded these icons "meego.de" had these only. so i assumed its correct. ill try adding the default one "resized" to 64x64 and see what will happen

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by ziller View Post
Well it's rather simple (but requires some graphics work on your part).

The unlock screen is part of the theme and contains the background for the sliding part (the "ball" that slides is not part of the image). Since I'm using the default theme, the image is located in /usr/share/themes/alpha/backgrounds/lockslider.png

(I've attached it as well)

I just used it as a template to GIMP a slider background on it on the correct spot and then overwrote the default theme image with mine:

(do this as root)
Code:
cp /home/user/MyDocs/lockslider.png /usr/share/themes/alpha/backgrounds/
And that's about it.

(here's my panoramic desktop and the lockslider image for reference: abandoned.tar.gz)
what is the name for the "ball" file that floats on top of the background?

i cannot find it to change it.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i got it....nevermind! :P lol

Tags
maemo mods, mods thread