Active Topics

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
if we count since motomod was promised, it's already 3 years or so. 3 years of empty promises lmao.
What has Motomod to do with this? That project was canceled by Motorola and no by the team who made it possible

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
that was not motorola who stated there's "low market interest" blah blah. also I feel sorry for the guys who pre-ordered Motomod ages ago, after it was cancelled they did not choose the refund option and went for Pro1 discount... and here they go again.

"Motorola reportedly cancels the Moto X5, scales back Moto Mod efforts"

https://9to5google.com/2018/03/09/mo...ods-cancelled/

From that statment (almost) everyone can determine who's fault was

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
more Stockholm syndrome, MOAR!!!!11
I bet you gave up on Fxtec to buy a shitty 2000€ Galaxy Fold
Even that one is having delays

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
"The blindest man is the one who does not want to see"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
nah, the folding phones design target audience are complete imbecil people. how naive one must be to believe that stuff would have a lifespan more than 3 months?
3 months? There are already users saying that after 2 or 3 days the screen has problems. Samsung gives one chance only to change the screen for about 149€. After that it may cost another 2000€

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
That's my post, @shaihkritzer. As experienced electronics engineer I needed to collect my jaw from floor when I saw dates of FCC certification.

I'm seriously mad on this situation and when my device will not be sent by 21st October I'm not canceling my preorder - I'm doing chargeback.

Last edited by Trzyzet; 2019-09-30 at 11:55.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trzyzet For This Useful Post:
Those last galaxy fold comments made my day!
My friends, here we are talking about a galaxy s8-ish device with hardware keyboard. It's comparable to other hardware keyboard devices and nothing high end or anything else.
What that has to do with a device that has cutting edge technology, with state of the art specs and stuff?
Get it together guys

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikos523 For This Useful Post:
Just quick - to make preorders ready in August, certification should be done about June.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trzyzet For This Useful Post:
I was indeed surprised to see news about FCC certification only a week or so ago, wondering how come it's soo late with just certification. so I geuss, they did a direct LIE on device shipping in July-September, knowing that no device is produced or at least certified. they just wanted to gather more preorder money to keep things going and LIED to do so. and that is a very good way to look like a scammer.
I was also surprised about this date.

However, it is a very expensive certification and a company should do several tests before release. There are unofficial tests which are cheaper and will not provide a certificate, but manufacturer can see what modifications are needed or if the phone really meets the criteria.

So the most expensive part (real certification) can be the last step.

However, FCC only stands for the USA and we have no information about other certifications suitable for example in the EU. I think USA was not the most important part of certification for the first run.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
We all waited years for a dream device such as Fx Tec Pro1. If Chen and his team did not dared to try this project we would wait a lot more years for a device like this. I am willing to wait until it is completly ready. I have a 2019 Banana Phone that i have to play with

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit