i followed ur instructions and now i have only 1 button "Phone" in that menu nw need ur help to restore all

Originally Posted by leetut View Post
MENU WAVE EFFECT

some of you may already know this, but for those that dont you can have the menu icons sweeping in when launching the menu and the sub menu

goto usr/share/hildon-desktop
and open the Transitions ini file looking for this:

just change 'sequenced = 0' to 'sequenced = 1'
and 'duration = 250' to 'duration = 1200'

the duration (speed) can be set how ever you like,
higher number = faster movement (or slower, cant remember!)

(thanks to megaexer for explaining this to me)
(also dont EVER change 'snap_grid_size = 4'
to zero, cos doing that bricked me!)

where should i find usr folder?? i didnt found it .... sorry

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
I hope it's alright if I pull up something from way back in the thread:

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
OK, scratch that: that only worked once...

Do this, instead:

Do the sudoers trick outlined above;

/usr/share/dbus-1/services/reboot.service:

[D-BUS Service]
Name=com.misc.reboot
Exec=/usr/bin/sudo reboot

/etc/systemui/systemui.xml:

<menuitem priority="750" name="Reboot">
<icon>general_refresh</icon>
<callback service="com.misc.reboot" path="/com/misc/reboot" interface="com.misc.reboot" method="reboot" bus="session" autostart="true">
<argument type="boolean">true</argument>
</callback>
</menuitem>
Thank you for this, it works great! And that got me thinking...

Originally Posted by les_garten
If you open a Root Term and type "reboot" or "init 6" the file system is sync'd gracefully and it takes a few seconds to reboot. If you hit the "Reboot" button it is like you hit your N900 over the head with an Axe handle! Very abrupt and violent reset like the power was pulled.
Well, doesn't the system menu "Switch off!" or power button long-press give the exact same "axe handle" effect? I don't know why the Nokia devs would set it up this way if it was detrimental, but it does seem like a forced, yank-the-battery type shutdown. To get a controlled shutdown, I suppose the systemui.xml shutdown entry could be edited the same way? Presumably with a shutdown -h or init 0 command? And /etc/mce/mce.ini would see to it that a long power button press gave the same result. How's that sound?

Last edited by bocephus; 2011-11-27 at 12:59.

just go to usr/share/hildon-desktop and open the transitions ini? how do i do it? many says to do this after typing sudo gainroot in x-term after getting rootsh. but really how do put my eyes on that "usr "folder to begin digging up the rest???

some of you may already know this, but for those that dont you can have the menu icons sweeping in when launching the menu and the sub menu

goto usr/share/hildon-desktop
and open the Transitions ini file looking for this:

just change 'sequenced = 0' to 'sequenced = 1'
and 'duration = 250' to 'duration = 1200'

the duration (speed) can be set how ever you like,
higher number = faster movement (or slower, cant remember!)

(thanks to megaexer for explaining this to me)
(also dont EVER change 'snap_grid_size = 4'
to zero, cos doing that bricked me!)[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by leetut View Post
where do i download midnight commander from ?
i cant find it anywhere on the internet,
and i cant find it in app mgr/downloads either.
You dont need MC to do any of these things. nano or vi/vim can do the same things. Nano has the least learning-curve, and vi takes a few days of playing to get used to everything the editor can do.

Instead of MC:

cd /to/path #(to move to dir)
vi ./filename #(to edit)

This will score you Un*x-points as well as save you some space.

If you still want MC you can find it in the devel repo (which has to be added, google it.)

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 61 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Beijing, China
Originally Posted by biggzy View Post
hi, how did you add 'reboot' to power button? i found a tutorial on my-maemo but i couldnt follow the guide, it was using MC, is this the way you did it? thanx
Install Maemodder and there's simple click option to adding it!

Originally Posted by [DarkGUNMAN] View Post
It's been a while since I looked at this so I should have done this sooner.
Packaged up and compressed with OptiPNG are the PNG files for my HTC-Style QBW Flipclock, as well as the RX-TX-IP widget, and YahooWeather widget.
Make sure you have WGET installed (apt-get install wget)

You'll need the QBW Flipclock widgets installed already, this is a modification to change the look by using different png files.

The flipclock can be installed from this this thread
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...=qbw+flipclock

The format to make this work is a little different to the original - all of the digits have a TRANSPARENT background, so another qbw is used as the flipclock for the digits. I have supplied single and wide flipclock backgrounds for your taste (credit Darkl4r for the original)

For this purpose, the separate filename sare flipclocktrans.png.* and flipclockblank.png/flipclockblankwide.png

The panel in the background is for the main flipclock code.

Extract all to /home/user/.queen_beecon_dir and edit the qbw files to match - they are named different so as not to overwrite the original flipclock files.
Enjoy!

EDIT: RX-TX-IP fixed Not sure why it happened.
hey man, i loved your desktop and very useful specially the tx-rx but its a gps connection can this be done with wireless connection with the same style??

Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Originally Posted by moudy91 View Post
hey man, i loved your desktop and very useful specially the tx-rx but its a gps connection can this be done with wireless connection with the same style??
Hi Moudy,
I have also wanted something like this for quite a while so would also appreciate it if this could be produced fairly easily. The closest I have found is a command posted by j.s. It is an xterm command but can also be used in queen beecon which I have already done. The only trouble is that the counter gets reset when the phone does. But, it may help. It did help me.

Code:

/sbin/ifconfig wlan0

or to focus only on bytes tranferred (both directions):
Code:

/sbin/ifconfig wlan0 | grep bytes

Original thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37771

Originally Posted by bigears5000 View Post
Hi Moudy,
I have also wanted something like this for quite a while so would also appreciate it if this could be produced fairly easily. The closest I have found is a command posted by j.s. It is an xterm command but can also be used in queen beecon which I have already done. The only trouble is that the counter gets reset when the phone does. But, it may help. It did help me.

Code:

/sbin/ifconfig wlan0

or to focus only on bytes tranferred (both directions):
Code:

/sbin/ifconfig wlan0 | grep bytes

Original thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=37771
hi bigears5000
ohhh yes i have this one , /sbin/ifconfig wlan0
am trying to google to get the other command but no way i can't find anything, i will keep trying and searching till i will find it.

The Following User Says Thank You to moudy91 For This Useful Post:
a question.
/sbin/ifconfig wlan0 | grep bytes will grep bytes right???
can i grep /sbin/ifconfig wlan0 | grep bytes in MB ????

Tags
maemo mods, mods thread