Active Topics

Poll: Who will ship first?
Poll Options
Who will ship first?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
If we go back to the topic... anyone heard anything when Pandora should actually ship?
In two months. For last year the answer was always the same :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I'm also not sure I want to put the Touchbook in the same category as the Pandora or Nokia's Internet Tablets since the Touchbook is DEFINITELY not pocket-sized.
To clarify : I wasn't trying to put the Touchbook in the same class of devices as the Pandora and N900 (although it is ARM-based). It just amused me that this totally unknown outfit, having shown a prototype only a few months ago, is supposedly actually shipping its first units, while we've been discussing those two for a couple of years now... :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
It just amused me that this totally unknown outfit, having shown a prototype only a few months ago, is supposedly actually shipping its first units, while we've been discussing those two for a couple of years now... :-)
Maybe making netbook today is a bit simpler - mostly just putting existing parts together. They also used beagleboard as is, it is visible in some youtube videos.
bb uboot logo visible - 0:28 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEHzrg3I1HU
inside with bb visible - 4:12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srLm8vrddac

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
I understand that -- maybe they were clever about it, but I think they still brought something original and creative to market in a very short time. It's like a netbook, yes, but ARM, separate keyboard with battery, accessible internal USB... an innovative one.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
If we go back to the topic... anyone heard anything when Pandora should actually ship? Their website "latest status" hasn't shown any progress for many months... Starts to look like Nokia will win this round, when you can say that RX-51 has at least passed FCC while that is still on the "to do" list on Pandora team...
I was thinking the same thing. Now that the RX-51 has been leaked and seing how big companies like Nokia are able to get things done a lot faster due to resources, I'd say it look like they will beat the openpandora to the punch. Again that is the disadvantages of being small companies vs big companies making products but, I am still hoping for the pandora to come out.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
To clarify : I wasn't trying to put the Touchbook in the same class of devices as the Pandora and N900 (although it is ARM-based). It just amused me that this totally unknown outfit, having shown a prototype only a few months ago, is supposedly actually shipping its first units, while we've been discussing those two for a couple of years now... :-)
True enough. And in any case, it seems to fit the bill for EXACTLY the device I want in EVERY way--except the physical size. Right down to the myriad of USB slots to let *ME* add what I want to it instead of forcing me to buy hardware I don't want built-in like a radio for a carrier I don't want. If I'd seen this coming, I probably would have gotten this instead of my Dell mini9. (Illustrating my point about why people should be allowed to know what to expect in an upcoming product, as Pandora is doing and Nokia appears to have chosen not to do).

So is the Pandora likely to be out before the N900, now that we know it's October?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I still say no. But that's what the bet is about, isn't it? ;-)

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
so is the pandora likely to be out before the n900, now that we know it's october?
no... Way.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
So is the Pandora likely to be out before the N900, now that we know it's October?
I hear the Pandora is going to ship in two months, so it could be a close race!

*pure innocence*

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:

Tags
burtflitter, chinese food, christmas, christmas 2013, christmas 2666, credit card fraud, dnf, fata morgana, lies, omap3, pandora, pandora != real, pandora hoax, pandora is going to ship?, pandora v linear time war, retreating shipdate, ripoff, scam, speculation, virtualbox