Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I will keep this information on this thread as i do not want to get involved with the "rat race" on here about it.

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
And i also have found out there are price differences throught the world for the device and this i do find strange !.
hi abill!

sorry, read your post (a couple times too), have some thoughts about it, doubts and all, but actually lost "the clarity"
Timoph was very helpful on the A significant day in community governance? thread and from other threads w/ N900 users asking for help, the community seems to be okay...
only, n000 tried to start a fight on the Community governance thread (big surprise...) and was nicely put back to his place by Timoph

think it is important to distinguish between the real community, ppl who develop or simply want to help and, well, the warmongers...

as always, it isn't fair to throw everybody in the same basket

different prices?
yes, of course; wealthier nations get a higher price, poorer countries a lower one.
doesn't only have to do w/ the "price"; it is also influenced by the salaries & fixed costs a business has to face in the different countries. that's usually referred to as "income parity" if you'd like to look into it...

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
hi abill!

sorry, read your post (a couple times too), have some thoughts about it, doubts and all, but actually lost "the clarity"
Timoph was very helpful on the A significant day in community governance? thread and from other threads w/ N900 users asking for help, the community seems to be okay...
only, n000 tried to start a fight on the Community governance thread (big surprise...) and was nicely put back to his place by Timoph

think it is important to distinguish between the real community, ppl who develop or simply want to help and, well, the warmongers...

as always, it isn't fair to throw everybody in the same basket

different prices?
yes, of course; wealthier nations get a higher price, poorer countries a lower one.
doesn't only have to do w/ the "price"; it is also influenced by the salaries & fixed costs a business has to face in the different countries. that's usually referred to as "income parity" if you'd like to look into it...
Ok points noted and i respect what your saying, i am just a little bit to say the least peed off at the war mongers of this community and the biggest culprit is ysss for sure because i am tracking all his movements on here so intill he is either stopped or got rid of it will only continue.

Can you do me a favour and pm me your email? i want to share some information on this N9 news so you know all.

I will for sure get the prices for the 2 different models ie the 16gb and 64 gb on friday this week from Nokia direct and will post them on here.

I am now convinced this community is going to the dogs.

well we at least achieved something in that we got the counsil talking and what a suprise (not) that they give us some news that we already knew then put in a comment about all of a sudden they will talk to Nokia ..... i am now going to sit back and watch what happens on here but i say the same thing that the current council needs to kick into gear.

What i really want to say i will hold back... for now.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Talking amongst yourself will not get anything done. Petitions, same.

That's just not how things get done.

what have you done for Maemo and / or MeeGo, today?

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
what have you done for Maemo and / or MeeGo, today?
I didn't ***** about anything. What have you done for Maemo/MeeGo today?

Fancy colorization of aforesaid logos does not count.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
What i really want to say i will hold back... for now.
"I know what's best for this community. Everyone should listen to me."

"If the naysayers will just shut up, then I can be heard better. Then people will listen to me."

"You guys should be listening to me because I'm older than everyone here."

"Nokia is doomed unless they listen to me."

"Maemo is doomed unless they listen to me."

"MeeGo is doomed unless they listen to me."

"The Community is doomed.... unless they listen to me."

"I'm right.... right?"
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

"I engineer USB ports."

Tags
bizarro world, give it up, off site, tmo gone wild, tools mingling, trolling trolls, unbelievable, vanity thread, winding down