Active Topics

only some usbnet and serial and modem.

if you need specified kernel module in power-kernel (which is disabled in building), write it.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
only some usbnet and serial and modem.

if you need specified kernel module in power-kernel (which is disabled in building), write it.
Well I just wanted to play with my microdia webcam :P.
and I just remembered that driver is in mainstream since 2.6.31. but maemo's kernel is older. However, I have a git link for module source for older kernels, if you can compile it for power kernel that would be great. Thanks.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a-driver-draft

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Here are my observations about 47

1. Mediabar disappeared until the second re-boot after 47 installation.
2. Conky reports a Battery temp of 406° C, which is way too hot. On the upside it also reports 3909000mV so I am "loaded for bear" on my voltage.
3. QCPUFreq reports CPU temperature of 378°C
4. My Nokia hands video nows plays smoothly and fully where it did not with 46.
4. SMS function is normal.
5. Install was unremarkable.
6. Noted no other changes.

The Following User Says Thank You to tzsm98 For This Useful Post:
If its kernel power 47 which i just update through app manager, why did it still say "pali1" not "kernel power 47" when i type (uname -r) ?

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Oi..

Battery temp and voltage get reported differently with this kernel version. This has been known since page 2-3 of this thread. Go annoy the devs of packages that use bq27x00_battery values. Basically, the earlier versions supposedly should've been reporting the value the way this one does, but since the previous versions didn't, software got written accordingly.

The My Nokia Hands video played smoothly for me on all kernels. no clue what was off about your version 46 if it didn't for you before.

It says pali1 instead of power47 because Pali is so badass he hacked the maemo.org repository, and changed all package version strings to mention him. (Or the crazy conspiracy theory: It's to get newbs to ask about it because pali is a masochist like that.)

Seriously, it's because palims the one who compiled this and at some point he made the version string say pali1 in the control file and then he forgot to change it. That's life, **** happens. Also, if it wasn't power-kernel you wouldn't have been able to download it. apt-get doesn't lie. Either it's the same exact package in the repository system, or it's not.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
@Mentalist

I like how you have 1,276 posts and 1,272 thanks.

I just thanked you 4 times so you get 1,276 posts and 1,276 thanks hahaha

sorry for spamming, just dead bored at work.

The Following User Says Thank You to kent_autistic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
i just update this latest kernel on my n900 & a few problem came out after reboot....

1.my callnotify didnt works...no more call,sms & headphones icon appears on the status bar (fixed by reinstall callnotify-at this moment anyway)
2.the latest cutetube-QML didnt run at all....
3.sometime wifi works (have to reboot to make it works)
4.QCPUfreq detect 393° my CPU temperature...

Anyone who are using multiboot managed to upgrade to v47 from v46?
Mind sharing how you did that?

I'm having difficulties with upgrading to v47.Seems like the pesky v46 does not want to be removed.Multiboot keep generating boot file for v46 even though I managed to install v47.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
i installed version from 3rd may, is one in repos the same? as i got no update today

I think its the same, Pali just pushed it to the repos after testing.

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou