Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Okay Guys, stop discussing for Nothing and let's get back to the subject!!!
Hey Ammyt, whynot guide us about how to have the Sense UI in NitDroid??

Last edited by Boemien; 2011-07-11 at 14:00.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Okay Guys, stop discussing for Nothing and let's get back to the subject!!!
Hey Ammyt, whynot guide us about how to have the Sense UI in NitDroid??
I swear to god I was just going to upload the video tutorial I made until Tiptronic showed up from nowhere, duh...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Is the sound in calls available in a build we can download, Ammyt?

By following the next steps you should be able to get the full Sense theme in NITDroid:

Prerequisites:

Dock:
  1. Download the Sensible.zip file, I've put in it everything you shall need.
  2. Unzip it tyour N900, you shall see 4 folders: SenseDock, SenseBkground, Launcherpro, Flipclock.
  3. Boot NITDroid, open your file manager, go to Launcherpro and install LauncherPro Plus v0.8.6.apk
  4. Hard click the camera key to return back to your homescreen, you should see a dialog prompting you to choose between launcher and launcher pro. Choose launcher pro and set it as default.
  5. Slide the lockscreen button to get to the menu, tap preferences --> Appearance Settings --> Dock background --> Custom
  6. Gallery 3D shall open, and you shall see thumbnail of the folder SenseDock, tap it, then select dock.
  7. Go back to preferences, then tap on Dock Settings --> Number of docks, choose 1. Go back to preferences then tap Restart LauncherPro
  8. Back to home, you shall see the HTC dock with some icons on it, pay attention to this. Hold down the left-most icon (keep tapping it) then tap on change shortcut then choose App Drawer.
  9. Hold down the next icon --> change shortcut --> Applications --> Phone. Repeat this step for the next two icons.
  10. Hold down the last icon --> change shortcut --> Activities --> LauncherPro --> Preferences
  11. Now, the icons are neatly arranged accordingly, last step is to hold down the left-most icon again --> Change icon --> Custom icon. Gallery 3D shall open, select SenseDock --> icon. This shall hide the shortcut, repeat this step for all of the shortcuts on the dock.
Sense Clock:
  1. Open your file manager, go to Flipclock folder, install every .apk there.
  2. Back to homescreen, hold down an empty space in the homescreen --> Widgets --> Weather & Flip Clock.
  3. You should be connected to the internet to start the download, should take a few seconds to finish.
  4. Choose your location preferences, and auto update interval, Save.
  5. Open the App menu --.> Weather & Toggle Widget --> Widget skin wizard --> Install market skins --> Install clock widget skin --> H7C Clock --> Install
  6. Back to homescreen, voila!
Background:
  1. Open your file manager, go to SenseBkground folder, hold down sense bkground.jpg and set it as a wallpaper.

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-07-11 at 15:07.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skykooler View Post
Is the sound in calls available in a build we can download, Ammyt?
When Sound is ready, I will post that in ULTRA BIG BOLD FONT I promise.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rb26vl View Post
Great stuff...is that the actual genuine HTC Sense launcher or a sudo using LauncherPro or something? If it's the genuine HTC Sense launcher, I'd love to know how you managed to port it to nit!
It's just a Widget Engine, and an htc dock I've gimped.
I've already tried to port Sense UI 2.1 albeit not hard, but this demands the whole htc framework to be ported which is way above my skills.

I'm getting reboots all the time. Like whenever I use Gallery it reboots while looking for new pictures. When I use the onscreen keyboard in portrait mode it will either reload Android or reboot the phone. I'm using all regular kernels and stuff.

It is guaranteed to crash each time I let Gallery run for more than 10 seconds.

Edit:

I had been using my El Cheapo eBay battery (the one NOT recommended the the superb battery thread) and when I switched to my real battery all those reboot problems went away. So any other rebooters out there: it's worth a shot.

Last edited by Descalzo; 2011-07-11 at 16:53.

Thanks ammyt!!!

Can you please get Galaxy S2 theme on Nitdroid.

I got the Sense stuff to work. It looks great. I am going to be trying this on my Droid if I ever get it back.

Hi!

I've installed nitdroid on the EMMC using a custom EMMC image (5 GB for apps) and it runs beautifully but I can't install apps (it says it's downloading but then no progress bar and error later)

after searching a bit, it seems it has something to do with the home folder, where Nitdroid is installed, needing chmodding but it isn't as easy as typing "chmod +rwx /home". So I'm a clueless noob...

Some enlightenment would be very aprecciated

Last edited by Khan_81; 2011-07-11 at 18:38.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid