Active Topics

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sao Paulo / Brazil
Didnīt anyone find a way to set the TV out to display the videos in 16:9 format?

I canīt believe that Nokia didnīt include this parameter in N900, once other Nseries, like N93, already had this feature.

hello. i have an n900 and ive got this handbrake dvd copying software. how do i get dvds i copy onto my mac onto my n900. ive done several dvds and when i drag it into the n900 is says unable to play media file etc. and it just wont play, its an mpeg4 file i think. do i need to change this? gona need abit of guidence please wizards. cheers.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
I thought I should resurrect this old thread because of the great results I'm achieving with the fresh release of Handbrake. It's been over a year since the last release and it seems that the latest version really takes advantage of multicore/hyper-threaded CPU's.

You really should try it!

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
I myself like to use Cyberlink MediaEspresso to do my re-encoding: it supports hardware encoding both on NVIDIA and ATi/ADM cards so it's pretty fast. I just encoded a 25min Cowboy Bebop episode and it took a bit under 5 minutes to do. It's also got a quite clean, useable interface. I can recommend it if you just want a fast encoder and can afford 40 bucks

I also whipped together a quick GStreamer app for my N900 which uses Nokia's own hardware-assisted codecs. It takes any file that is supported by GStreamer, uses N900's hardware to convert it to H.264 at 800x480. Didn't bother adding any options or features to it

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Victoria BC Canada
That sounds good but handbrake whips along with similar speed and is of course totally free.

It is worth a look I think.

Cheers

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Is it possible to change the folder for video recording? Files are now stored in camera folder but would like to save the video files in the video folder . . .

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
No, AFAIK the path is hardcoded in the camera app.

Nicolai

The Following User Says Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 458 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
No, AFAIK the path is hardcoded in the camera app.

Nicolai
Thanks! can't be done by the CSSU guys either?