Active Topics

Notices

revision 2.2.141 doesn't seem to have the same bug you are taking about.
Maybe I am looking at the"top" wrong, but when display is off hildon-desktop shows 0.0% cpu use and 3.7% memory use. When the display is on, it also shows 0.0 most of the time.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
mine is : 2.2.140-1+0m waiting for your reply MOHAMADAG with the lovely modified hildon-desktop, i really can't wait .

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
It's not 2.2.140-1+0m5, it's 1:2.2.140-1+0m5.
Package updated: http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...+0m5_armel.deb

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Can't install:

Code:
Nokia-N900:~# dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/Packages/hildon-desktop_kinetic_2.2.140-1\+0m5_armel.deb 
dpkg - warning: downgrading hildon-desktop from 1:2.2.140-1+0m5 to 2.2.140-1+0m5.
dpkg: regarding .../hildon-desktop_kinetic_2.2.140-1+0m5_armel.deb containing hildon-desktop:
 mce conflicts with hildon-desktop (<< 1:2.2.48-1)
  hildon-desktop (version 2.2.140-1+0m5) is to be installed.
dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/Packages/hildon-desktop_kinetic_2.2.140-1+0m5_armel.deb (--install):
 conflicting packages - not installing hildon-desktop
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /home/user/MyDocs/Packages/hildon-desktop_kinetic_2.2.140-1+0m5_armel.deb

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
same problem here, maybe he should remove the 5 from m5 .... but i'm having the same problem .

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
it seems to be working for me
but I have some stuff not talking much to me in the terminal

Preparing to replace hildon-desktop 1:2.2.140-1+0m5 (using hildon-desktop_kinetic_2.2.140-1+0m5_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement hildon-desktop ...
Setting up hildon-desktop (1:2.2.140-1+0m5) ...
gconftool-2: I've been haxored to use xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults as the config source.
Resolved address "xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults" to a writable configuration source at position 0
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/current' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/current'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/current' for locale `C'
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/active' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/active'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/active' for locale `C'
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/disable_phone_gesture' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/disable_phone_gesture'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/disable_phone_gesture' for locale `C'
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/addressbook_dbus_interface' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/addressbook_dbus_interface'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/addressbook_dbus_interface' for locale `C'
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/callui_dbus_interface' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/callui_dbus_interface'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/callui_dbus_interface' for locale `C'

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
New package works fine
Thanks!

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
It's not 2.2.140-1+0m5, it's 1:2.2.140-1+0m5.
Package updated: http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...+0m5_armel.deb
Application Manager throws an error when I attempt installing this: "Unable to update 'hildon-desktop'; Incompatible application package"

Am I doing something wrong?

Happy to field questions where I can help.
================================================

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by digittante View Post
Application Manager throws an error when I attempt installing this: "Unable to update 'hildon-desktop'; Incompatible application package"

Am I doing something wrong?
you can'install this file via appman.
for all deb files make this.
go xterm
type root
then: cd /home/user/MyDocs (make sure the deb file is in your mydocs folder.
and last: dpkg -i thenameofyourdeb.deb
your deb is installed.make a reboot and be happy

btw:mohammad can you give me the line for the transition.ini which adds the configuration for the appmenu transitions??
no need for the package coz nokia had kicked some bugs.
thank you

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Last edited by atilla; 2010-10-26 at 18:20.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but do we have a specific way to uninstall? This is the last conflicting package I have barring my way to PR 1.3. I'd like to remove it and maybe add it back in after 1.3 is updated. Right now I'd prefer not to do a full flash.

Tags
bugfix, great stuff, the-red-button