Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Thanks! This really helps, this widget is going to look booom.

Last edited by joshua.maverick; 2009-09-30 at 20:46. Reason: word edit

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Originally Posted by code177 View Post
I just wanted to pop my head into this thread and say I think you guys are awesome, and this is why I'm buying an N900.

kthx.
And I would just like to second that. Couldn't say it better myself (I've tried..)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nymajoak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Hmm together with knowing cost you can calculate how much is burned. There is also roaming with different tariffs though. How are you calculating the data, and how often? Is the log saved after reboot? I suggest to use external program like vnStat to count the data traffic.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Hmm together with knowing cost you can calculate how much is burned. There is also roaming with different tariffs though. How are you calculating the data, and how often? Is the log saved after reboot? I suggest to use external program like vnStat to count the data traffic.
We are barely doing any work whatsoever on this. All the data for it is provided through gconf. The phone handles everything having to do with the numbers. We just need to dumbly display them, honestly. Reboot doesn't erase the numbers. The user has to specifically tell the phone to reset the numbers in the Phone portion of Control Panel.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
We are barely doing any work whatsoever on this. All the data for it is provided through gconf. The phone handles everything having to do with the numbers. We just need to dumbly display them, honestly. Reboot doesn't erase the numbers. The user has to specifically tell the phone to reset the numbers in the Phone portion of Control Panel.
Interesting. Then I wonder how the phone calculates the traffic, and how/if it is possible to detect roaming, country, and tariff.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Interesting. Then I wonder how the phone calculates the traffic, and how/if it is possible to detect roaming, country, and tariff.
I'll look into it.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Doesn't install. Finds only the misspelled package, but can't download it because it is missing?

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Qole - the properly spelled package should be in extras-devel now, and is on its way to extras-testing. I am going to get some administrator to remove the incorrectly spelled package.

Sorry for the inconvenience

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Just installed and it works. Let's see what happens from here.

Posts: 369 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by code177 View Post
you could go completely overboard with this and make it so you can see a breakdown of data usage by application. No idea how you'd do that, but it'd be insanely useful.
See? You've only just arrived and already you're making awesome suggestions!

That would be a kickass feature!

Obviously, you would need to collect data at a different point than you do currently - I presume you have access to gross bandwidth up/down? You would need to process bandwidth up/down in a similar layer as the nix utility netstat.

Last edited by Hogwash; 2009-09-30 at 23:40. Reason: .

The Following User Says Thank You to Hogwash For This Useful Post: