Yes, this will be changed
I guessed that but wrote it anyway

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Updated first page

The Following User Says Thank You to sethkha For This Useful Post:
Updated first page

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Will it be possible to change the alpha and the colour on the background behind the icons?
I am using a very light theme because it is so much easier on the eyes , and the currently black background doesnt work so well with that

Oh, and a Home button that would return to the default directory would also be good.

Last edited by electroaudio; 2011-08-01 at 23:04.

The alpha, font/background colour is configurable in the conf file. The icons have no background. Post a screenshot if its something different.
As I planned a menu with a favorites list, you could add start dir to this. But if you really, really want a button in the toolbar, I'll add it there. I am 50:50 for this.

The menurow and all the fonts will change colour and alpha (with the bgcolor and bgalpha items) , but not the window that is the background behind all the icons...
Well. a homebutton is just a bookmarkbutton so no need to hardcode that

Ps. i have also looked at the problem with the config showing up when pushing the scroll too long. it seems that all widgets has that problem so it is probably not possible to solve.

Last edited by electroaudio; 2011-08-02 at 14:32.

Originally Posted by electroaudio View Post
The menurow and all the fonts will change colour and alpha (with the bgcolor and bgalpha items) , but not the window that is the background behind all the icons...
Ps. i have also looked at the problem with the config showing up when pushing the scroll too long. it seems that all widgets has that problem so it is probably not possible to solve.
OK I see. Strange, but my font color does not change.

The config problem can't be changed, (I suppose) this is also the reason why there is (yet) no scribble widget.

I uploaded a fixed-background-bug version. Tested only in scratchbox.

Thanks! Now it works just fine and looks good too

I like your route better than the browser idea, i have tried to do some stuff with the browser before but didnt like it, its always too slow and cumbersome to do stuff like that in a webpage.

Please update whenever you think it has been some progress
You're probably right about the speed - even opening html pages in MyDocs is quite slow. I just thought of it because it would be very quick and easy to get something going. Seems like progress is being made anyway.

Offtopic:
About the icons, I think there might be a need for an on device icon maker. I can probably make the bulk of it myself. Nothing fancy! To be useful it would need to be reasonably automatic so I was wondering - is an application's programme-menu icon stored anywhere standard? Either absolute or relative to the programme's binary?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post: