Active Topics

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Bah, it's taking a while because the file need to be compressed enough to fit inside the upload limit. I'll post again when I've gotten it compressed enough.

Sorry about the delay and the multiple files. It was either this or lzma compression, which is slower than the gzip to decompress on N900, and isn't one of the supported formats for upload on talk.maemo.org, so you'd have to deal with file renaming. But either way the file-size max for uploads was so small that I had to split it like this. Unpack all of these as root, to the root ( / ) directory. I'm not sure what happens if you unpack a symbolic link to something that doesn't exist yet, so it might be best to unpack the aircrack_sbinln file after the other aircracksbin* files.

aircrack_bin.tar.gz
aircrack_sbin1.tar.gz
aircrack_sbin2.tar.gz
aircrack_sbin3.tar.gz
aircrack_sbinln.tar.gz

For those who don't know how to use tar, you'd want to use "tar -xzf /path/to/file/you're/unpacking" for these. The x unpacks, the z tells it to run it through gzip first to decompress, and f tells it what file to extract from. I don't remember how to unpack off the top of my head to a different directory, so cd'ing to / before decompressing is how I would do it.

- Edit -

At the same time, I'm unsure if this will at all work better for anyone that Creamy's deb does. *Shrug*

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by codecxbox View Post
That would great! The main purpose of all this is to find out what really works or does not work around aircrack.
Until now, I know that faircrack and wifite works passively. Now looking at the Jdownloader thread, I will install the Java package for embedded systems and experiment with WepGrima. i know its old , but every alternative for a easy aircrack experience is a plus.
Ill be looking forward to your compile..
huh? wifite works fine with injection for me. I've cracked many WEP networks with it anyways.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
huh? wifite works fine with injection for me. I've cracked many WEP networks with it anyways.
Then we must have different installs. I just set up a WEP enabled AP without any clients connected to it.
Wifite started as arp replay and never got a IVS
after 7 minutes, Wifite started as -0841 and only collected 12 IVS.
Perhaps it would possible to indicate your setup and how you engage Wifite from start?

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
Did you set it to inject?
If it's only capturing it will be too slow.

You need WL1 drivers.

Are these drivers that inject are those that you have to start as user doing sh load.sh and then it says

" Custom wl1251 module loaded (with injection) "

then those I have and use

uname -r

2.6.28.10power46-wl1

pretty fills the requirements i guess

The best script I have found for Ubuntu is minidwep-gtk. This one really works almost perfect, its a shame the author never released the source, although its really a Zenity GTK Gui.

OK, great news for all with packey injection problems

After updating the kernel to Pali's ver47 pushed on extra repos, I can now say that packet injection truly works.

After updating the kernel, I once more did my usual method:
Xterm, sh load.sh, sh.launch.sh,etc.

Tried to attack a shared key WEP AP, but it was taking too long and didnt have enough battery,

Again I attacked a open WEP enabled AP (a Thomson SpeedTouch) and airodump reported that the AP did not have any WIFI clients attached to it. So I proceeded and after 1 minute of 0 ARP Replays, suddenly the AP responded and ARPs were downloading in hundreds, Yay!!

Got the key in around 4 minutes WITHOUT restarting any of the aircrack modules.

Will test again to be sure shortly.

Mentalist, i strongly encourage You to become maintainer of aircrack-ng. It's little frustrating to have such useful packages in so many places outside of repos, or even worse, outdated version on repo, then better one available for months on forum...

I'm not complaining, of course choose is up for You, but i would LOVE to see using repos as a habit for creative people

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Mentalist, i strongly encourage You to become maintainer of aircrack-ng. It's little frustrating to have such useful packages in so many places outside of repos, or even worse, outdated version on repo, then better one available for months on forum...

I'm not complaining, of course choose is up for You, but i would LOVE to see using repos as a habit for creative people
Applying for being the maintainer is on my list of things to do - I just don't have any good idea yet of how to properly package .deb files or use the maemo.org repository autobuilder, and I want to learn that before I go applying for maintainer status.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: