Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by morti View Post
First of all, great idea and wonderful implementation so far!

A few comments/questions:
- There seems to be a problem when phone is in offline mode, it keeps trying to get a location and quickly drains the entire battery. Updating location should be disabled in offline mode
Great idea .... but I don't have a CLUE how to actually detect this from python!?

Help, anyone??!!

- There seem to be some problems with changing the update frequency, at least when background updates are enabled. I had the frequency at 5 minutes for a time and then changed it back to 1 hour, but the updates kept coming frequently every 5 minutes for a long time afterwards
Well there is an issue that starting the app ALWAYS restars the daemon (to reload it's config) but this also resets the daemons clock, so it will post something pretty much immediately.

I will probably change this.

Somehow.

- Would it be possible to get a command line command for changing some options, especially the update frequency? Depending on the situation (at home, at work, on the go) I like to have different update frequencies, and starting the ZapLoc is a bit too cumbersome to do every time. Furthermore, I anyway use a script for changing my "state", so adding one more command there would be very convenient
Great idea, I could add command line options to the daemon. The daemon already kills any running copies of itself when you start it (or at least is supposed to) but it always reverts to the configuration file values.

/Z

Last edited by MasterZap; 2011-05-16 at 12:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to MasterZap For This Useful Post:
I'm with an error in zaploc-daemon.py:

~ $ python /opt/zaploc/zaploc-daemon.py -v
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/zaploc/zaploc-daemon.py", line 8, in <module>
if __name__ == '__main__': app.zdaemon.main(sys.argv[1:])
File "/opt/zaploc/app/zdaemon.py", line 441, in main
File "/opt/zaploc/app/zdaemon.py", line 304, in init
NameError: global name 'gobject' is not defined
~ $
Any idea?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by rmayrink View Post
I'm with an error in zaploc-daemon.py:

Any idea?

Thanks.
Yep, you are missing python-location library.

Become root and do

Code:
apt-get install python-location
I had forgotten to add that as a dependency - will be fixed in the next version.

/Z

Originally Posted by MasterZap View Post
Yep, you are missing python-location library.

/Z
Thank you! ZapLoc now get the GPS location, but maps does not update correctly. In Brazil, only the top half of the map is loaded. The other half (below Tocantins State) remains as "Loading". I tried with all the maps available on ZapLoc.

Thanks!

Hmm, that is odd. I had something similar occur to me once, and rebooting the phone helped. It could be some file is locked by an earlier (killed?) version of the program, or somesuch.....

I frankly do not know how it can happen, but it has indeed happened to me as well (a particular set of tiles refuse to load, regardless of which map service I choose).

/Z

Originally Posted by MasterZap View Post
Hmm, that is odd. I had something similar occur to me once, and rebooting the phone helped. It could be some file is locked by an earlier (killed?) version of the program, or somesuch.....

I frankly do not know how it can happen, but it has indeed happened to me as well (a particular set of tiles refuse to load, regardless of which map service I choose).

/Z
Exactly. If I can help.

EDIT: If needed, I can post screenshots with the bug. The problem occour with South America, South Africa, Australia... on the same zoom level.

Tnx.

Last edited by rmayrink; 2011-05-16 at 17:01.

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
I have authorized ZapLoc with my Facebook account successfully.
But whenever I hit the Facebook places button after searching for a second or two (showing the moving 110101 signs) it gives me an error, in XTerm it tells me
" Unexpected error: <class Žurllib2.HTTPErrorŽ> "

Anyone knows what the problem is here?

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Originally Posted by rmayrink View Post
Exactly. If I can help.

EDIT: If needed, I can post screenshots with the bug. The problem occour with South America, South Africa, Australia... on the same zoom level.

Tnx.
Ok, this was a bug. I was missing a whole hemisphere

Sorry to anyone south of the equator! It wasn't my intent to cut you off

/Z

Originally Posted by petur View Post
if only I had the time I'd write my own smart updater :/
YOu don't need to, I just added cell-tower-locations only in ZapLoc (it's trivial, after all). I just don't know how actually useful it is, so any report back would be appreciated.

For instance, if you use auto-checkin you'll probably check in to the wrong place all the time (the one closest to the tower, not to you)

However, I just had an idea: If you know you are always at tower X when you are "home", you can then MOVE the zaploc of "home" to the tower. Then you'll be checked in as "home" when you are there. Might work.

Since I'm fairly rural, actually testing tower changes would involve a high fuel consumption and would be expensive to do well, so... yeah, I won't be able to test that much.

/Z

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MasterZap For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
I'm still failing horribly at installing your tool....

the google-api-python-client doesn't install correctly. I went commandline and found out it is complaining about a simplejson package not being there (but it doesn't exist as separate package)

Any missing dependency?

Edit: the missing package is python-simplejson

Last edited by petur; 2011-05-17 at 09:36.