Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
howard:
Thanks for remembering to check that. I actually fixed the multi cd support immediately after you notified me of it. I just had forgotten about it. Great to hear that it works!

jpj:
UKMP still doesn't support using images in mp3 directories. What you can do, is let UKMP download images for you in mmc/covers and then just fix the ones it didn't figure out correctly.

Gapless playback seems to be out of reach for n800 and 770. I can try to minimize the gap between songs a bit, but it cannot probably be much less than 0.4 seconds. At the moment, the song change takes almost a second. Anyway, try it out and let me know how it works for you.

HI Konttori,

I find the the cover art in 1.0 was more accurate than 1.1. I am sure that you will find people who like 1.1 better than 1.0.

I would like to suggest that someday you have a configuration file for such things as cover art, black or white version, etc.

Thanks for a great app.

Joe O

On some CDs, I noticed that the last 2-3 seconds of the songs are cut off. I only have the problem on some Broadway musicals. I don't know what's different about the music - all the CDs were ripped with Media Player. The built in N800 media player works fine. Unfortunately, the effect is very noticeable on some music.

Howard

Originally Posted by howardcb View Post
On some CDs, I noticed that the last 2-3 seconds of the songs are cut off. I only have the problem on some Broadway musicals. I don't know what's different about the music - all the CDs were ripped with Media Player. The built in N800 media player works fine. Unfortunately, the effect is very noticeable on some music.

Howard
Noted as bug. I even know the reason, so there might indeed be a way to fix it as well.

Bug tracker here:
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...d=234&atid=945

Hey, konttori, what's the license for this thing? I'd like to modify it and redistribute my changes, but I don't see a GPL license on the code.

Well, it's GPL. What kind of changes have you made? I might be interested in them as well.

OK. I saw the GPL license on the garage page, but I think we need a license header on the source too for clarity.

I haven't changed anything yet, but I'm considering the following:

1.) Pull cover art from cover.jpg if it exists (like canola. I've got them already in the filesystem, so I might as well use them)

2.) place play/pause button above straight/random button and make larger

3.) maybe make album art clickable during playback for a fullscreen view of the cover

4.) larger fonts for individual mp3s in playback screen, perhaps with the same scrollable interface as the album screen.

5.) song playback bar showing where you are in the song

6.) ability to remember where you were in a song, for example when playing back an audio book. You can skip to some other music and come back to the audio book and pick up where you left off just by clicking play.

7.) Perhaps add a sort control for sorting albums by artist or album

8.) Ability to switch to ALSA and the a2dp device for playback through bluetooth stereo headsets

9.) Find a way to fix all the false clicks on the album view page. It thinks I've clicked during and after scrolling sometimes.

10.) Visual feedback when changing volume with hardware keys.

I'm sure more things could be thought of, but those are what comes to mind immediately.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Canada
Might I please add my "YES!" vote especially for:

1.) Pull cover art from cover.jpg if it exists (like canola. I've got them already in the filesystem, so I might as well use them)

6.) ability to remember where you were in a song, for example when playing back an audio book. You can skip to some other music and come back to the audio book and pick up where you left off just by clicking play.

8.) Ability to switch to ALSA and the a2dp device for playback through bluetooth stereo headsets

Not to say some of the others are not important but these three would top my list.

Also, I noticed that MediaCenter isn't actually in SVN (SCM) anywhere on the garage page. It would be handy to place it under version control.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
Where does UKMP store its configs? I want to do clean install. It just doesnt start anymore when i upgraded to 1.1.