Active Topics

Notices

Im trying to work around using the gizmo app and use the built in internet call program but with no success. When I enter my SIP info in the account settings and exit the wizard theres a network error http://www.flickr.com/photos/41418641@N02/3816990234/
[sidenote] i dont know how to embed photos
Is there something wrong with my Internet call app. I dunno whats goin on Im really lost and need a lil guidance

Could not have been any easier, thank you for the time you spent.

Reggie take a screen shot of your settings. Block your login info but post your settings. I used the sip phone option for accounts. for the login I use the sip number, 1747........ and password. If you use the sip phone settings it will configure everything correctly for you, including the stun server. The more info you can provide the better

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Shangri-la Oregon
I've got a weird situation that I haven't been able to resolve.

I have done the setup as described on the first post. Everything works great, and I can get connected to the Gizmo account just fine. From home, from work, and anytime I have wireless connectivity. Except at my Condo. There, I never get the solid green OK icon. Comcast Cable is the ISP. They claim to not block any ports, but...
From the condo, I check port 5060 at proxy01.sipphone.com and it shows open. Any ideas what else I should check? Using the Gizmo client works on the NIT there, which is kinda weird.

Jim

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by jlslate View Post
I've got a weird situation that I haven't been able to resolve.

I have done the setup as described on the first post. Everything works great, and I can get connected to the Gizmo account just fine. From home, from work, and anytime I have wireless connectivity. Except at my Condo. There, I never get the solid green OK icon. Comcast Cable is the ISP. They claim to not block any ports, but...
From the condo, I check port 5060 at proxy01.sipphone.com and it shows open. Any ideas what else I should check? Using the Gizmo client works on the NIT there, which is kinda weird.

Jim
I use it at home with comcast just fine... no port tweaking or anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
I use it at home with comcast just fine... no port tweaking or anything.
I don't know why I said Comcast. Wishing maybe. I'm on Charter, actually.

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by jlslate View Post
I don't know why I said Comcast. Wishing maybe. I'm on Charter, actually.
Those port-blocking bastards!

Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Those port-blocking bastards!
Well, actually it was my error. My router/firewall decided to change its configuration without telling me. Stupid port blocking firewall!

Tags
dialcentral, gizmo, google voice, instructions, n810