Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
^ You can emulate the functionality you had on your n900, on the n9, just not via these apps.
If you want the apps to accommodate for that, you'll need to let the authors know...

Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
I'm using Filesink with that same issue of not really downloading, I had the impression that they were trying to stream content as opposed to actually downloading them, but either way if you just go to dropbox.com on the default browser on N9 you can download in full like you expect.

Bringing up an old thread, but I have been using Dropian for my DB client and so far have been satisfied with it. However, I noticed in the accounts page dropbox is listed. I would like to activate this to be able to take pictures direct from the gallery and upload them to my dropbox account. However, when I enter in the username and password it will not authenticate. I have tried variations of the "username" which on the DB website is the e-mail address linked to the account with no success. Has anyone experienced this? Does the dropbox account within the N9 even work? Thanks in advance for any help.

The Following User Says Thank You to justadude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
I'm working on a fix for the bug that happened when they changed API and never documented that additional login parameter.
Sorry about that...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
No worries! Thank you for the response. If you get it situated then let us know

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
What's the big deal with dropbox et al anyway?

I use rsync to keep my files synced between my servers and mobile devices and it has always worked like I want it to. No need to depend on external resources, everything transferred is using strog encryption and I can choose the storage methods I desire...

Originally Posted by justadude View Post
Bringing up an old thread, but I have been using Dropian for my DB client and so far have been satisfied with it. However, I noticed in the accounts page dropbox is listed. I would like to activate this to be able to take pictures direct from the gallery and upload them to my dropbox account. However, when I enter in the username and password it will not authenticate. I have tried variations of the "username" which on the DB website is the e-mail address linked to the account with no success. Has anyone experienced this? Does the dropbox account within the N9 even work? Thanks in advance for any help.
which one at fault? your N9's Dropbox account registration or Dropian login process?

Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
DropBox is used to share files between different computers, phones and other devices as well as the dropbox website.
The N9 client supports up and download, how ever is not very intuitive usable.
I can upload but from where to download??
Is there a ui??
I can only find dropbox in share ui!!

Originally Posted by soryuuha View Post
which one at fault? your N9's Dropbox account registration or Dropian login process?
Neither. Dropian works fine. I'm talking about dropbox. Go to accounts, add account, then dropbox. When it asks for username and password to set up the account it won't authenticate. It works through default browser, on other computers, Dropian, etc.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Nokia dropbox plugin still uses old version of oauth API, and as Nokia has only updated Twitter, you are out of luck. You can file a bug report in http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...an-Bug-Reports and hope that Nokia fixes it at some point.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post: