Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by AgentZ View Post
The FCC needs to stop this from happening, there will be only 1 gsm carrier in America, monopoly anti-trust hello is this thing on! This will not be good for us period. Unlimited data gone, tethering gone,all my grandfathered extras gone. Well at least I'll have the best Skype phone in Belize,cause I'm out of here if it goes thru.
It would have to start with the FTC - Federal Trade Commission and then the FCC will enforce the frequency and/or other violations from becoming a monopoly.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
The FTC could careless they are looking at the taxable outcome of the deal nothing else. Having atleast a four year freeze on any specturm changes following the close of the deal.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by AgentZ View Post
The FTC could careless they are looking at the taxable outcome of the deal nothing else. Having atleast a four year freeze on any specturm changes following the close of the deal.
The US government frequently examines mergers and their effect on competition. I think this deal will get close scrutiny.

Considering how our lawmakers are bought by big business, I will be surprised if this deal doesn't blaze through. ((

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
omg, you people sound so depressing.
Use google and stop being a bunch of cry-babies:

This merger will not likely take place or be completed for another year. As of now both AT&T and T-Mobile will operate as two separate and independent companies. However, here is what you can expect when the merger is complete:

An agreement was announced under which AT&T will acquire T-Mobile USA. The agreement is the first step in a process that, including regulatory approvals, is expected to be completed in approximately 12 months. Until then, we remain a separate company and continue to operate independently.

We know our customers, business partners and others may have many questions.

Here is some more information:

Will my service change?

There is no change in your service and we remain committed to ensuring you have the best experience possible experience using your T-Mobile USA products and services.

Will I now be billed by AT&T?

No, your billing remains exactly the same. T-Mobile USA continues to operate as an independent company. As always, you would receive advance notice to any changes to your services.

Why is T-Mobile USA doing this?

Bringing together these two world-class businesses will create significant benefits for customers. The merger will ensure the deployment of a robust 4G LTE network to 95% of the U.S. population, something neither company would achieve on its own. Also, because of our compatible networks and spectrum, the customers of T-Mobile USA and AT&T will experience improved voice and data service almost immediately after the networks are integrated.

Will T-Mobile USA’s quality be reduced?

No. In fact, the combination of AT&T and T-Mobile USA will offer an even stronger service to customers. Until the acquisition is closed, we will work hard to maintain our position as the value leader with America’s largest 4G network.

If the acquisition closes, will I still be able to use my T-Mobile USA phone?

Yes. Your T-Mobile USA device will operate the same in the future as it does today.

Should I wait to sign-up with T-Mobile USA or upgrade my phone?

No, T-Mobile USA offers the latest wireless devices that are affordable on America’s Largest 4G Network and the combination of AT&T and T-Mobile USA will mean even stronger service for our customers. Now is a great time to be a T-Mobile customer.

Is T-Mobile USA getting the iPhone?

T-Mobile USA remains an independent company. The acquisition is expected to be completed in approximately 12 months. We do not offer the iPhone. We offer cutting edge devices like the Samsung Galaxy S 4G and coming soon our new Sidekick 4G.

***you can still purchase and unlock an iphone 3GS or purchase an unlocked iphone 3GS and use it on the T-mobile network, however I would recommend waiting until the merger is complete before doing so as I am not sure if an unlocked iphone will be affected by the change.***

Will my rate plan change because of the acquisition?

We will honor all customer contracts entered into before the change of ownership.

Media Relations
T-Mobile USA
425-383-4002

MediaRelations@T-Mobile.com

T-mobile Customer Care
1-800-937-8997

T-Mobile Press Release: http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/articles/at…
T-Mobile FAQ: http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/articles/mo…
Source(s):
Media Relations
T-Mobile USA
425-383-4002

MediaRelations@T-Mobile.com

T-mobile Customer Care
1-800-937-8997

t-mobile.com

http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/articles/mo…
http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/articles/at…

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by Swirnoff View Post
Is T-Mobile USA getting the iPhone?

We do not offer the iPhone. We offer cutting edge devices like the Samsung Galaxy S 4G and coming soon our new Sidekick 4G
My favorite part, Tmobile doesn't offer the iPhone, they offer cutting edge devices.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I was expecting to see cutlery mentioned on that point.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Will my rate plan change because of the acquisition?

We will honor all customer contracts entered into before the change of ownership.

So does this mean if I signed a new 2-year agreement in 6 months time while the deal was still unfinished, the new AT&T would have to honor that contract, with all the whistles and bells that came with it until say August 2013?

Last edited by AndyNokia232; 2011-03-22 at 01:41.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The US government frequently examines mergers and their effect on competition. I think this deal will get close scrutiny.
Seriously? They never say "no" to any merger.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
"what do you think it means to us that use tmo??"
Not much?

Tags
bada rox