Active Topics

Originally Posted by nok_fan08 View Post
I can't seem to get it to work under my installation of Ubuntu 7.10. Here's what I get in the debug console:

OUTPUT>MEncoder 2:1.0~rc1-0ubuntu13.1 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
OUTPUT>CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (Family: 6, Model: 15, Stepping: 6)
OUTPUT>CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1
OUTPUT>Compiled with runtime CPU detection.
OUTPUT>success: format: 0 data: 0x0 - 0x2b869800
OUTPUT>AVI file format detected.
Just an update on this. It turns out that I'm able to convert videos but only if I select H.264 as the video encoder. DivX4, DivX5 and XviD all fail. I must be missing a package but I haven't been able to figure out which one. I have the medibuntu repositories setup and I have installed the mplayer, mencoder and w32codecs package.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by twaelti View Post
What about the N800 Video Convert?
It works very well for me.
Works great for me, too. I like it better than the later Nokia Internet Tablet Video Converter.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ On the wasatch front, UT USA
I noticed I can only access the N770 conversion resolutions even if I select N800 or N810 as my device using Sun Java 6 under Ubuntu 7.10. If using the default ubuntu java (gij) the app works as advertised.

-salinmooch

Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
Hi,

I've posted a new version with a few tweaks for Linux (like a script to run it) but it seems to work fine on Ubuntu 7.10. I did install the java 6 RE but I don't think that mattered since running it from the command line seems to use the built-in Ubuntu java.

There's a linux screenshot on the download page.

Mark

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Finland
Under Mac OS 10.5 MediaConverter2 gives following error :
$ ./MediaConverter
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at mediaconverter.MainWindow.initComponents(MainWindo w.java:887)
at mediaconverter.MainWindow.<init>(MainWindow.java:3 6)
at mediaconverter.Main.main(Main.java:36)

Java version is:
$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_13"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_13-b05-237)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_13-119, mixed mode, sharing)

Mac version of the original MediaConverter works okay.

Any idea what's the problem?

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ San Francisco, CA
Thank you! this works very well... although it is the first video encoding program I've tried.

Actually, could you add an option to just have it say what commands it is passing to mencoder? I want to use the -aid 1 and -sid 0 flags, but can't pass those using the nice gui. (That would change the audio language and display subtitles on the OGM files I am converting.)

I can get it to change the aid using ~/.mplayer/mencoder.conf, but not the subtitles.
*edit* Actually, I can't get mencoder to do subtitles at all -- so the problem isn't with mediaconverter2.

Last edited by ldrn; 2008-03-20 at 08:30.

Hi,

With respect to the MacOS issue: it looks like it's too old a version of Java. I think that's the "file manager" java object. See if there's an update. Let me know if not.

I haven't tried mac os and don't have one here to try with (it's not like a linux distro) so it's tough to debug.

With respect to the 'passing commands to mencoder' ... go to the File menu and select Error Console then turn on Enable Full Tracing. It will show the one (or more) commands. I could probably add a 'custom' commands thing but as you note editing the config file works fine as well would be my guess.

Mark

Last edited by MarkZ; 2008-03-29 at 02:06. Reason: add way to see commands

To all:

I'm sorry I didn't notice the posts about Ubuntu issues. I thought I'd get auto-email but guess not. I'll look into that in a week since I do have Ubuntu here.

M

Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
Hi,

With respect to the MacOS issue: it looks like it's too old a version of Java. I think that's the "file manager" java object. See if there's an update. Let me know if not.
Hello Mark,

I can also replicate the issue, but with Mac OS X version 10.4.11 rather than the 10.5 that the original poster was referring to. The Java version is the same, though.

Unfortunately, it seems that there are no official version of Java 6 for OS X. There's some third parties working on an implementation, but nothing practical for the end user.

If you need help debugging this on Mac OS X, I can try to lend you a hand - I work as a software designer and used to deal with Java projects (not with OS X, though).

Henrik

Hi,

I've taken a look.

I'm using Java 6 on Ubuntu.

Note 1: If you don't invoke the jar file from the current directory it won't find the resolutions.txt file. This causes the list to be wrong and probably not change. It's not a java version issue but a working directory issue. That's why I use a command file. [This is fixed in 2.05]

Note 2: If you want to debug it on a mac I'm happy to send you the java source if you can compile it. I would have posted it in the os2008 forum but never got a response from the original media converter author. I'd appreciate a return of the edited source so I can keep it current here and eventually post it somewhere...

I'll also try this with the original Ubuntu java if I can get Neatbeans to use it. [The 2.04/5 versions work fine with Java 5 and both Ubuntu java distros (5 and 6).]

Mark

Last edited by MarkZ; 2008-04-11 at 19:22. Reason: update info

Hi,

OK, I've posted a new version that builds (and is compatible with Java 5). There were a couple of gotchas that are only in 6 (oops).

Also I fixed the volume gain button which was putting a string in the wrong place.

Mark

The Following User Says Thank You to MarkZ For This Useful Post: