Active Topics

Notices

Hi Shuairan,
Don't be surprised if it works without changes, I've been spending many many days of work making the necessary changes for that!! And believe me it was really not so simple.. There is still a lot of work to do before having a properly working version, and with a reasonable speed. I didn't wanted to make this information public so early, but no that you found it by yourself..
I own myself a N900 and plan to make a proper complete version within the next months. It will of course include GPS, accelerometers as well as improved GUI.
Contact me if you want to help coding on that.
Cheers,
Fabien (Stellarium's project lead)

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to xalioth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by xalioth View Post
Hi Shuairan,
Don't be surprised if it works without changes, I've been spending many many days of work making the necessary changes for that!! And believe me it was really not so simple.. There is still a lot of work to do before having a properly working version, and with a reasonable speed. I didn't wanted to make this information public so early, but no that you found it by yourself..
I own myself a N900 and plan to make a proper complete version within the next months. It will of course include GPS, accelerometers as well as improved GUI.
Contact me if you want to help coding on that.
Cheers,
Fabien (Stellarium's project lead)
Excellent news, Fabien. Thanks for the efforts on this!

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ireland
I honestly was considering android phone because of the Google sky map. If you can get it to work with the features you mentioned you will be my personal hero!

Many thanks for the effort!

cool, was actually just thinking about ten minutes ago that it'd be handy if my phone had star maps!

I dont trust myself with installing .debs though, I'll happily wait for it to appear on a repository though, will follow this with interest.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Originally Posted by xalioth View Post
Don't be surprised if it works without changes, I've been spending many many days of work making the necessary changes for that!!
Cheers, Fabien (Stellarium's project lead)
Thank you for your outstanding work. It already works very well, the only thing missing for casual users is the rendering of the planets.
I'm really still in awe about this - having Stellarium on the N900 feels like having the culmination of 2000 years of science in my hands! Thanks again, really fantastic work and much appreciated!

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
when are you going to upload this to extra dev? i'm waiting for it there.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ireland
Yes, we're still waiting...

yes, still waiting..

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Stay cool - if you are adventurous enough to install from extras-devel, you will also be able to install through the mentioned process.
Otherwise, better keep your hands off :-)

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Originally Posted by shuairan View Post
It costed me several hours to get that working,
Thanks a lot! I got Stellarium running and for me this really is a 'wow' moment