Active Topics

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Well, just stopped by to wish people a good time, I hoped to make it there myself, but a little visa magic made that impossible, so, make a lot of pics and videos of the event and the presentations for the rest of us !

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Curious, who from maemo.org side is responsible to represent us in schedules and such done for the weekend?

I am just wondering a bit if it's a collaborative effort from maemo.org side - for instance the auditorium is blocked with Mozilla sessions first half of the saturday with only a Maemo starter?

Wouldn't it be saner to mix the Mozilla and Maemo sessions in order to get everyone a proper start of the weekend?

Example: Fennec tutorial, then Hildon tutorial, then Mozilla extensions tutorial, then SDK, then Mer introduction, then moving even more into specifics and specialized areas. That means people can move on out into the hall when they've had their level of input and get hackin' and discussing? - and returning to hear presentations within their specialized areas?

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
hi guys,

quick question how many of you are bringing a laptop?
i like to travel light, but i don't wanna be the only one programming/compiling
on the tablet

Originally Posted by iancumihai View Post
hi guys,

on the tablet
I will bring a laptop personally .. and a N800, a SmartQ5 and a Freerunner.. :P
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Wouldn't it be saner to mix the Mozilla and Maemo sessions in order to get everyone a proper start of the weekend?
The fact is that the Mozilla crew is more homogeneous: some core developers of the browser itself + a bunch of add-on developers. They take the chance to meet and discuss about things.

Compared to that the Maemo groups i far more heterogeneous: some Fremantle Stars projects, some other extras-devel projects, Canola, some other GSoC projects, Mer... We have less common reasons to stay all in a room for presentations, so to say.

You can also tell this from the scheduling of sessions. I have been asking developers here and there to propose sessions and we have got some but the process has been / is quite... disconnected? William from the Mozilla prohect (my counterpart) was also asking for an agenda until he called everybody and some hours later they had an agenda.

They are, at the end, one project and we are many.

Still, we have a whole Saturday afternoon. Can we feel it with sessions? Should we?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by iancumihai View Post
hi guys,

on the tablet
Also the main purpose is to work targetting Maemo 5, and I guess a laptop makes your developer life easier for that.

In any case PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR SOFTWARE TO FREMANTLE EXTRAS-DEVEL. This way it will be much easier for others to test your stuff and give you instant feedback.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
You can also tell this from the scheduling of sessions. I have been asking developers here and there to propose sessions and we have got some but the process has been / is quite... disconnected?
Yeah - I just noticed your post earlier in this thread and I take my words back in my post - we had all the possibility to influence schedule when time was.

They are, at the end, one project and we are many.

Still, we have a whole Saturday afternoon. Can we feel it with sessions? Should we?
The Mozilla organization is certainly impressive!

Me and lbt can definitely present for Mer (as indicated) and have prepared extensively for such - and I think it's worth to showcase Fremantle stars, Mer, extras and so on still.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Really bummed that I'm missing the weekend. Would of loved to attend with my camcorder and laptop in tow especially as I have a nice new video editing suite in my home office now

If anyone has raw video footage from the weekend that they want editing then send it my way and I'll gladly donate my services.

Last edited by Baloo; 2009-05-27 at 19:33.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baloo For This Useful Post:
Waking up early in Helsinki, ready to go to Copenhagen. I wonder how we all could mae a best use of microblogging in the Danish Weekend.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Waking up early in Helsinki, ready to go to Copenhagen. I wonder how we all could mae a best use of microblogging in the Danish Weekend.
Ah, but I offered to do that!

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:

Tags
developers, fennec, fremantle, maemo, mozilla